Azumi - Vol. 41 Ch. 295 - Flight

Dex-chan lover
For someone that has killed literal hundreds, she sure is slow on the uptake on what to do when people are after her, and her important people's life.

Double-page supporter
@Redice
Because despite everything she isn't suicidal yet.
Just killing important people without approval by Tenkai is the best way to become outlawed and executed.

Dex-chan lover
@ShaiHH Outlawed yes, executed tho? they would have to defeat her first.
Being exiled would be enough trouble by itself, it means that she will lose her place in society, the very society she has been working to keep at peace.
But even that itself is not that big of a problem since there's a certain young daimyo that would be more than willing to host her in his castle.

Azumi killing those 2 assholes and going back to live with Takenobu and the kids would be an ending, a good ending even, but after all this would feel kind of anti-climatic since she already decided to not live that life back when Chiyozo was alive.

I'm sure at some point she will realize that to protect those precious to her, she must eliminate those that threaten them first, eliminate them before they eliminate you

@ShaiHH Outlawed yes, executed tho? they would have to defeat her first.
Being exiled would be enough trouble by itself, it means that she will lose her place in society, the very society she has been working to keep at peace.
But even that itself is not that big of a problem since there's a certain young daimyo that would be more than willing to host her in his castle.

Azumi killing those 2 assholes and going back to live with Takenobu and the kids would be an ending, a good ending even, but after all this would feel kind of anti-climatic since she already decided to not live that life back when Chiyozo was alive.

Your comment really made think that yeah, that seems like the obvious solution. She should just go back to him. I hasn't even been very long since she left right? I doubt she has stopped loving him, although who knows what she think now after chiyozu's death. I'm sure that it would never be pride stopping her from going back on her word, she never seemed like that sort of person to me.

On the other hand, Azumi might not come back to Takenobu precisely because of what just happened.
She might very likely feel that going there would just be putting a target on his back again.
As such, I don't think she'll go back there.

Dex-chan lover
This arc might very well be about her deciding that she needs to kill if she wants to live in peace. If we go back through the manga, that's something she's basically never decided on her own - it always was a mission or because someone attacked or corned her. But then, the core of the story seems to be that certain people rush to their own doom, and that doom just happens to be Azumi. But it's not like she's actively seeking those people out; she's just for whichever reason crossing their paths and even then she tries to convince them to stop doing whatever it is that'll inevitably screw them up - but, of course, she fails at that, and ultimately often either has to kill them or someone/something else does. So it'd be quite the shift in her character if she on her own decided to go kill her enemies.

Double-page supporter
@Doomroar
Even Azumi has to sleep and eat. If the entire country hunts her it's a bit different, despite her Plotarmor. 😉

Users who are viewing this thread