Azur Lane 4-koma: Slow Ahead! - Vol. 3 Ch. 55

Ah yes, HMS CA redemption arc.

After a long time only London good CA and no tanking CA whatsoever.

Contributor
>owner
really dislike when the official translation misstranslates something inherent with her character, in this case maid. He's his fucking master ffs

Man Drake should have known that Cheshire's first priority would be the Commander~

Dex-chan lover
@estrombico Actually, the translator is pretty spot-on for this one. Cheshire doesn't refer to the Commander as 'Master', but 'Owner' instead. It's one of her charms imo ( also a reason she's my first PR3)

Contributor
@TheManWhoSeeks in japanese she says clearly master, not owner.
Sure in the EN server the subs show (badly in my opinion) owner BUT she doesn't say owner, that's my complaint, So, its another chapter in extremely good translations by the EN translators, like there are not enough in the bloody game xD.

She's my first PR3 as well, she's top cute :3, second one is mainz and third one will be odin.

Power Uploader
@estrombico If you wanna know my reasoning for keeping the official "owner" instead of "master" it's mostly because all the other maids use "goshujinsama" which directly translates to "master" but Cheshire uses "danna" instead, which has a few extra meanings.
Since her whole character is acting like a cat, I honestly feel it's more accurate to her personality to use owner instead of master. Master would just make her sound like all the other maids.
Trust me, I know how annoying localization changes can be, I always try to stay as accurate as possible ^^

Contributor
@Zorikinu I was not complaining about your translation, that's why i stated official translations.
I know how hard it can be to fan-translate something, even more from jap/chn/kr, so I try to be as constructive as possible regarding mistakes, and it was not directed at you :3

Let me use this chance to personally thank you for taking the time and effort that requires translating something :D

Also a bit of trivia is "Nyadios" is in the original japanese comic

source: https://twitter.com/horistarw/status/1288464233273819136

Users who are viewing this thread