Batuque - Vol. 18 Ch. 153 - The True Identity Of The Boss

Thank team Duwang for translating.

This fight is cool and all but I’d rather know what’s up with jyungo and mamacchi

Last edited:
So far all his kids are freak mutants with super powers, they either have super strong skulls, mega muscles, or hyper legs and toes

Of course the dad will be a genetic weirdo too, BJ should have seen this one coming
Well you still have to try anyway, like they are saying, better this than living in fear of being killed later by that promotion scenario.

Dex-chan lover
Hm....

Ok, here's more trivia.

So "corpo fechado" yeah? Yeah 1x1 translation it means "closed body".

Now I could say it has african origins and was influenced by catholicism, some will say there isn't, some will claim it is a brazillian thing, so there's some divergence there. Not gonna tell any of those as facts, and just use a wide "folk tale" brush over that one, ok?

Anyway, "closed body" is a folk expression meaning that nothing can affect or alter your body as it is "closed", ridiculously on the nose, I know. Usually with some flavor of mystical protection on it.

It's not so much as a "Besouro" thing, as much as a cultural thing in Brazil that he got attributed with.

Hm....

Ok, here's more trivia.

So "corpo fechado" yeah? Yeah 1x1 translation it means "closed body".

Now I could say it has african origins and was influenced by catholicism, some will say there isn't, some will claim it is a brazillian thing, so there's some divergence there. Not gonna tell any of those as facts, and just use a wide "folk tale" brush over that one, ok?

Anyway, "closed body" is a folk expression meaning that nothing can affect or alter your body as it is "closed", ridiculously on the nose, I know. Usually with some flavor of mystical protection on it.

It's not so much as a "Besouro" thing, as much as a cultural thing in Brazil that he got attributed with.
It 100% is a Besouro thing, as it's in his legend that the concept of "corpo fechado" comes to play in a story cenetred around and based on real historical facts. It did exist before him and comes from the african tradition, yes. But it's in the exageration of the truth behind him that we have the one and only case of a mortal being being granted a "corpo fechado" in the Brazilian Folclore(Mythos). Other than Besouro, only the Orixás(deities) are granted it when they apear in their mortal forms in some of their tales, and still it's a rare case.

Users who are viewing this thread