Batuque - Vol. 2 Ch. 10 - Luta(Combat)

Fed-Kun's army
@KeepTheFeather
The (much) later story arcs of Usogui are drawn in this style. I think the author's current style has its moments of greatness(and I generally like it, besides the huge heads), but overall I think I miss his older art from like the tower arc ;_;

Dex-chan lover
Given the shine on page 6, I think the large forehead is very much intentional and he seems to be completely unapologetical about it.

Also, Jyungo, calm down, it's a pretty rough and simple drawing.

And as far as I'm aware, seven head beast is more of a force of expression thing, though it is used pretty much the same way as it was used in this chapter: to denote that something is not as complicated as it could be / previously expected to be.
EX: "Yeah, so playing te guitar is a bit tricky, but it ain't no seven headed beast"

I cannot point out the origin of the expression, but given how christianity played a big part on Brazil's formation, and this is only a guess so take it with a boulder-sized grain of salt, I would think that it probably has a relation to the seven headed beast of the bible, maybe some indians used it as an expression after a priest tried explaining the beast to them, and it just stuck.

There's also a brazillian movie on Besouro. The only thing I recall about it is not being very impressed, but hey, if anyone else care's for it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Assailant

Dex-chan lover
For a second there, I thought she was going to fart on the guy.. ahem. My humor is very immature
Many thanks

@egi321 you're totally right about the seven-headed beast thing :) I came hear toshare that but it seems like I needn't have bothered. I thought it was cute how the mestre was comforting him but the kid was just like "???"

I can say as a brazilian that "Bicho de sete cabeças" is an expression for the things that are really complicated, like doing something you don't know, or being confused about something or even fear of the uncertain future.

Dex-chan lover
Shoutout to all the people (mainly Brazilians or other people who speak Portuguese) in the comment sections of every chapter either pointing subtle things out or clarifying/giving a deeper insight into things. It's really cool to see.

Users who are viewing this thread