BE BLUES ~Ao ni Nare~ - Vol. 22 Ch. 211 - It's his Debut!

"Ichijou isn't enough on his own."

You're so right.

It took me +200 chapters to realize this, but now I know what kind of sports manga the mangaka is going for. Team play over individual skills. Ryuu, who used to have a good sense for soccer lost it after the accident. But in return he gained the ability to use those around him to play 'decent' soccer so he can eventually become a Pro player.

Boring.

While team play is nice and everything, you can't just always rely on those around you. Stop making excuses about your injury from back then, Ryuu.

Underrated as usual ain't you Yūto 😂 keep it up kid!

@Yunwu easier said than done, especially with injuries as severe as Ryū's... not to mention how the injury came at such a crucial time in his physical development... so, from my view at least, it's completely justified narratively so far! One man can't defeat 11 players once you get to the higher levels of football, so even if you're the star player, you still need to be able to use those around you (or else you'll just get players like Sakuraba).
Remains to be seen whether it'll still be the same tune 200 chapters from now, but we shall see!

Users who are viewing this thread