Beast Complex - Ch. 22 - The Snake and the Mouse

Group Leader
Discord community link. Come for the fun discussion, release pings, special unreleased omake, side stories, leaks and stuffs. https://discord.gg/Beastars . Hybridgumi Discord server: https://discord.gg/bKZaCV5ymf . Sorry for the delay, we have been working on this since raw released, but lack manpower. We also do live translation of Sanda and Fainting Hero X Sssassination Princess on the hybridgumi server, but lack manpower to release it.

Dex-chan lover
I find the implication that Legosi still finds ways to get himself hurt to be really funny. It was cool seeing him and Jack again even if for just one panel.

Thanks for the chapters, judging by something Paru posted on Twitter this month, we will soon have another chapter.

Group Leader
I rank the arcs:
  1. Meteor festival
  2. Working Wolf [official Arc name]
  3. Drama club / intro]
  4. Murder Incident Solution Arc [official arc name]
  5. Revenge of Love Failure [melon] [official Arc name]
I find the implication that Legosi still finds ways to get himself hurt to be really funny. It was cool seeing him and Jack again even if for just one panel.

Thanks for the chapters, judging by something Paru posted on Twitter this month, we will soon have another chapter.
we do plan do to that, and hopefully faster since we got a good redrawer/cleaner time now. Live translation of it will be in both of our servers

Group Leader
I rank the arcs:
  1. Meteor festival
  2. Working Wolf [official Arc name]
  3. Drama club / intro]
  4. Murder Incident Solution Arc [official arc name]
  5. Revenge of Love Failure [melon] [official Arc name]

we do plan do to that, and hopefully faster since we got a good redrawer/cleaner time now. Live translation of it will be in both of our servers
How many chapters are left? Beast complex has been "finished" for years now and then paru randomly puts out another chapter

Group Leader
How many chapters are left? Beast complex has been "finished" for years now and then paru randomly puts out another chapter
Beast Complex is just a series of oneshot. Paru release it randomly.
1-4 was before Beastars.
5-6 was around meter festival ended.
7 was released out of nowhere same time as chapter 115 in Special Shonen Champion
8-19 was an actual serialized run in Weekly Shonen Champion, starting in Jan 2021, which she noted in last chapter of Beastars in october 2020. this was the only time we could expect new chapters.
20 was a few months latter [in WSC I think?]. but that also has confirmed news of S3

21 was random in WSC
22 was random in Special Shonen Champion
We noted the raw release dates in these releases.

Paru hinted she was working on BC 23 on twitter, so unknown when that comes out, and which magazine. we will do BC 23

Note because these are oneshot, when they get put into a volume, the order changes. For example the Borg/bear chapter was 7th released. but was not 7th in volume 2. we uploaded according to when the chapter was released.

The idea Beast Complex is complete is basically due to HCS doing BC 1-6 per volume 1, and no new chapters till beastars ended. So it does seem like a major suprise when BC get a new chapter. However, that just the norm once you realize paru's history, starting with BC7. While we did have BC7, we couldn't get to good quality till after beastars.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread