BEASTARS - Vol. 19 Ch. 165 - The Answer To Chapter 65 Is "ERROR"

Damn. The leaks were true. I don't know what to think or say, as I feel numb due to Dolph's not so deadly death. This seems so out of place... It would have had some more impact if we didn't have a botched death some chapters ago.

Group Leader
Discord community link. Come for the fun discussion, release pings, special unreleased omake, side stories, leaks and stuffs. [https://discord.gg/Beastars](https://discord.gg/Beastars)

Time for my usual Chapter review

Note: This is not HCS, but has gone through many review

Ch 65 Title: The Value of Nonexistent Genes. Quite impressive for Paru to refer to the same chapter title over 100 chapters later. From a guess on 165 title, \[The answer to chapter 65 is ERROR\], it is either Overflow or unable to process. So this is an Oguma chapter.

So confirmed this will take place in December… Paru really messed up with the timeline of events. Riz follow up was in October, so 2 months of training. But the entire time Legoshi was acting as a check for Riz not to do anything. However, July to December, that is a much longer timeframe, and Legoshi is not acting as a check on Melon

Both Haru and Gouhin also told Legoshi not to be too obvious to his surroundings as well. Legoshi stated that is his nature during the dinner with Paru family in ch 125. Even if Legoshi knows this, He won’t remember much to change, and need someone to look out for him.

The problem with Louis is he needs to take his own initiative with things. Three times now \[132, 147, 158\] he got involved with Melon. So Legoshi is right to assume Louis will team up, so this is more on Louis's side for not being in sync.

The way Oguma was in an accident, impressive his Antlers stay intact?

I guess the real reason Oguma is so awkward all the time is Louis is the first person Oguma tried not to judge things by numbers.

Page 18, shows the moment Oguma passed as his hand dropped. Oguma and Louis could have stilled hugged for a long time.

What with all the deer wearing shades? Making another gang?

Ugh, if this occurred on November 4th, why are Legoshi not settling this it in end of November?

I like Oguma death since it not too out of the blue, and resemble Ch 71 due sudden event changes

Dex-chan lover
The sudden death of Oguma felt like a scene from a soap opera, then i read the title and i felt played.
Given the age of Oguma and his "dry" relationship with Louis, he was a good representation of old parental values and a father in his final moments when he can finally break that unwritten norm.

Double-page supporter
Damn I love when an author pulls something like this where you simply must go back and reread to just begin to appreciate the full impact.

RgeaNTO.gif

Final Destination, Dolph is fine, but now Oguma is dead.

In all seriousness, felt rushed, there was NO NEED of the death, put him in a coma at the end, but all of this felt too rushed and like a soap opera, like deus ex diabolus. Lets kill him just because...

Dex-chan lover
first time seeing a chapter call back in the title itself like this, fascinating!
i wonder how this death and this newfound mountain of responsibility (and power) will change louis
this might have been the very last time Legoshi could meet the Louis he knows and admires, after this it's possible that he will be even more distant than the Shishigumi boss arc
Legoshi's thinking is still kinda immature, I don't know if he could match Melon with just force alone

Fed-Kun's army
me at the start of the chapter: aw they're setting up a date, how cute
me at the end of the chapter: 😭😭😭😭 this cruel world whyyy

Users who are viewing this thread