Because Janitor-san Is Not a Hero

WN translated up to chapter 52. To my knowledge there are in total 148(152) Chapters in WN and Completed 8 volumes via LN (Completed meaning that project ended)
If you want it in english use youtube: Begger Janitor isekai'd with his students to another world where everyone gets abilities except him

In many cases nowadays youtube is an outlet for translators (be it AI or not). Many manhuas are translated more via russian scanalators thus you can see many manhuas delving deeper than english ones.
Reason is simple, many chinese learn russian and vice versa also it's a great source of income for ukrainians, russians and belrussians nowadays.

Read the novelupdates reviews and it's mixed, one person in particular almost gave it a status of timeless literary work while others were basing it for juvenile story. (But damn the contrast between reviewers is something else though the guy that gave it godlike status seems to be more knowledgeable at least because he seemed like a person who reads also normal literature).

Dex-chan lover
WN translated up to chapter 52. To my knowledge there are in total 148(152) Chapters in WN and Completed 8 volumes via LN (Completed meaning that project ended)
If you want it in english use youtube: Begger Janitor isekai'd with his students to another world where everyone gets abilities except him

In many cases nowadays youtube is an outlet for translators (be it AI or not). Many manhuas are translated more via russian scanalators thus you can see many manhuas delving deeper than english ones.
Reason is simple, many chinese learn russian and vice versa also it's a great source of income for ukrainians, russians and belrussians nowadays.

Read the novelupdates reviews and it's mixed, one person in particular almost gave it a status of timeless literary work while others were basing it for juvenile story. (But damn the contrast between reviewers is something else though the guy that gave it godlike status seems to be more knowledgeable at least because he seemed like a person who reads also normal literature).
Yes, I have read a lot of different literature and I appreciate your shoutout to my 3 year old review. I don't think I quite meant it as godlike, but certainly amongst the Japanese light-novels that have come out over the past 10 years, stories like this one and the other mentioned novels in my review have continued to stand up a lot better. Case in point, unless you grew up watching Asterisk War vs Chivalry of a Failed Knight, Absolute Duo etc. all of those stories have long been forgotten

But stories like Re:Zero continue to draw the audience back in, not because or in spite of Rem, but genuinely because there's a universe filled with characters who struggle because they have their own principles, a grounded and genuine humanity while also facing the bitter powerless reality almost all of us find ourselves in.

If anyone thought that those with power in real life would act like the cheat-skill protagonists, they're morons. People in power depend a lot on not upsetting people to the point where an all-out revolt occurs, or when all their subjects resign, go on strike etc. Trashy wish fulfilment stories are very much like McDonald's, interesting in the moment, but forgotten after 5 years.

Users who are viewing this thread