Become the Lord of Cthulhu

Lovecraft will come back from the grave and haunt every corner like a dimensional hound.

Hlz

I must say I doubt Lovecraft and definitely not I appreciate if this turn out some shounen power fantasy leeching peerage from H.P:s legacy.. Even if Cthulhu is public domain, genre is going to be so.. sooooo wrong.
The man was obsessed with cosmic horrors, fear which cannot be described for it is without permanent shape and too amorphous. Fear which cannot be controlled for it will squeeze in from spaces left between nail and timber. No safe strong enough to hold it, no vault big enough to fit it, no words to describe it, no painting will hold it.
"Become the Lord of Cthulhu".. There should be a limit how much of a precocious piss-ant an unimaginative author who cant release a story without parasiting whales can be.

I really liked how the game World of Horror crossed over Lovecraft and Japanese ghost stories and urban legends.

But this I expect will be a typical Chinese power fantasy. I'm still going look at the first few chapters just in case the author has a spark of originality because they are using a western-derived setting. Not much hope though, I have been let down every time I have read a Chinese comic, and I have started at least two-dozen now.

Users who are viewing this thread