Being a Maid Is Better Than Being a Princess

Dex-chan lover
it's like, undercooked

shares the same problems as a lot of other korean stuff

weird comedic timing
  • it tries to be dramatic but also funny, at the same time
  • how am i supposed to take anything seriously if there's a gag every five seconds?
  • there is no real tension

cardboard cutouts
  • there is nothing unique about these characters
  • like literally nothing, they all blend together in my head
  • name one character whose archetype you haven't seen before

the title is the synopsis
  • but like, all the plot is over in the first chapter...
  • feels very directionless and like the author doesn't know where they're trying to go

it's just junk food

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So I was curious and found another site that has the series with a good deal more translated chapters - with more or less the same translation quality as this group if it isnt actually the same one. Unfortunately I think I'm going to drop this title from my library... the plot that had been fun and even engaging to read; suddenly gets all the tropes of "oh hohoho🤭 look at me I'm such a clever MC who comes up with political plots." All despite the premise of asking to have her life spared and to be a maid. What made the initial plot great to read was that she was written as being humble and not conniving.

Fed-Kun's army
If only western 304s can learn something with this...

Dex-chan lover
Everything is so predictable (it's not bad per se, just the outcome feels empty because it's indeed what everyone though and nothing more) and it's clear that it's a staged romance.

When mc looks cute she looks like she's a brainless two years old... It's awkward.
It's the plot btw, obviously she should have mental issues considering her life prior being a maid and even when being a maid, but instead of having theses issues she's just smiling and has nothing in her brain. Feels weird.

Dex-chan lover
It started out alright, it was all pitiful princess who was so pitiful she get joy out of being a maid, it was kinda cute and silly even with the weirdo prince on side. Then it started getting all political and I just dropped it.

I mean wasn't the point that she was practically forced to be a princess (even though everyone hated her because she was a illegitimate child) because of politics and now all of a sudden she is a master politician?!

Aggregator gang
So I was curious and found another site that has the series with a good deal more translated chapters - with more or less the same translation quality as this group if it isnt actually the same one. Unfortunately I think I'm going to drop this title from my library... the plot that had been fun and even engaging to read; suddenly gets all the tropes of "oh hohoho🤭 look at me I'm such a clever MC who comes up with political plots." All despite the premise of asking to have her life spared and to be a maid. What made the initial plot great to read was that she was written as being humble and not conniving.
good to know, thank u for your service

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the translation! It was a nice series! I really want to continue it but don’t want to pay for it :(

Wanted cute royal life/maid story.
Got a "101 How abuse a child" guid instead.
This will take time to recover from.
Will definitely get random mood changes whenever this story pops into my head.

Users who are viewing this thread