Beloved

Dex-chan lover
There is something weird going on with the ratings. I gave it a high rating, the average didn't change. I tried dropping my rating, the average went up. I made it high again, the average went down--lower than before. Stayed low when I reloaded the page or opened it again by searching for it. Wha???

Supporter
the use of light, color, narrative transition, and negative space is beyond master class

Dex-chan lover
one word : Drama. If you're here trying to find anything else, keep searching 😂

The art style and colours are marvelous! I'm also enjoying the story so far, I just hope this isn't left incomplete.
Edit: I guess that's it huh. I feel there are still at least two plot lines left; Dr. Wei's future and the girl's family situation. However the mangaka seems to be done with the story, or god forbid the CCP caught them. Despite a slightly unsatisfying ending its definitely worth a read if you like yuri, drama/angst, and beautifully done watercoulor artwork.

Contributor
The story is marked as complete on most manga tracking sites. I don't think there will be any more chapters. Seems the christmas chapter is the ending, with chapter 16 being a side story / epilogue.

Dex-chan lover
It is a little weird. We never learned the pasts of any characters involved, despite them all constantly referencing their pasts. We get a few glimpses of the relationship between Lu and Wei, but even then there's tons of questions.

Dex-chan lover
Art is ridiculous and uses the long strip format to it's best capabilities.

Story has some pretty mature tones. Depicting some un-healthy stuff. There's no manga like this in that sense. This seems always serious

But it's ending feels rushed.

That's about it. Read at your own risk

Contributor
The art is so gorgeous I actually feel bad for scrolling past each panel to read the story, which is just as layered and complex as the art. While the author could have definitely stretched it out and explored the backstories of each character in greater detail, I think the ambiguous, almost kaleidoscopic storytelling worked out well, and I'm satisfied with how it ended. Most of all I love how real and intimate it feels, something that I always feel is missing in GL stories.

The plot isn't really my cup of tea due to all the drama, but the art is just downright amazing. The colour choices, lighting, gorgeous linework and expressions of the characters. Breathtaking, really.

Users who are viewing this thread