Beware of the Brothers! - Vol. 1 Ch. 9

The parents only talk to Hari when she's around they ignore all the other children. There's something very wrong with the family. I think the parents might be doing worse things under the hood that we can't see. It seems that they might be living under a delusion or fantasy that their daughter is still alive and taking it out on the kids when they contradict it.

He is still a little kid. Please understand. If that also happen to me, like my parents/mother will stop giving me attention, I'll be jealous too..

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah, sure, he shouldn't have slapped the cotton candy off her hand but, please listen to what your children are feeling right now. Why they're doing this and that, and why do they hate her so much.

@ghusjil
That. (╭☞´・ω・`)╭☞

But I think it's more like, because they lost their daughter, they treat Hari more obsessively since they're afraid she'll hate them or go away too.

Their actions towards their actual children are very wrong, and sorry but, gross.

@Kryspy_Kreme
It's as you said. But it doesn't completely excuse the act of the other children, especially the older one. And it's only for this part, we haven't talked yet about before the time rewind and the bullying she had to go through when they were all adults.
So yes, the parents are at fault, but the other children are also partly guilty for now and even more than the parents later on.
I don't think the MC is at fault for anything other than taking some childish revenge that do not amount to the bullying she suffered (she almost died because of it even if it's indirectly, and it's only taking what happened since the time rewind).
Here, I only talked about what we know. So maybe the parents are beating their children, maybe there is something else, nobody know, but until we learn something important, I will think the children (after the time rewind) are guilty at least a little, they've gone too far.

Fed-Kun's army
Honestly, the parents are at fault because they did not take their feelings into account before bringing in a new sister.
Despite having three/four kids already they also didn't distribute their attention well.
eh.

Fed-Kun's army
@Tempomancer9934
Pardon me if my point came across as blaming Hari. I am not blaming her in any way. I simply feel sympathy for the brothers as they're still children themselves right now.

Hence, I do agree with you that their actions can never be excused, and that Hari does not deserve the treatment she is getting. Though they are grieving for their sister's lost, and their parents' comfort through it, they shouldn't be treating her like that as she's just an innocent child who was brought in, in this situation.

When compared to when she hit the second older brother's head with a ball accidentally and didn't apologize for it, what she has been doing is just child's play. That's why I also hope the brothers would apologize and reflect for what they've been doing for half a year or whole. And maybe even explain why they're acting like that to Hari straight. Communication is crucial.

@Kryspy_Kreme
Don't worry. I wasn't saying you were blaming Hari. This part was mainly just to complete my opinion. The main part I wanted to say is that the parent are a bit at fault but that legally speaking, they haven't done anything wrong whereas the other children would be legally guilty (if it took place today).

@Nixnaw
Not taking into account the feeling of the children is indeed wrong but it doesn't justify what the children did.
And for the preferential treatment for the MC, remember that her body is weak. It's normal to concentrate more on a weak child than a healthy one. And that's only for what happened before she almost died. After this, it's even more normal for the parents to concentrate of the girl with the weak body who almost died and who is sick. So maybe yes, there were a bit more with the girl than needed if it was just that but there are also one more thing, she is new in the house and it's normal helping her adapt to the new family and world.
However, for them Hari is like their dead daughter never died and it's the part that make them a bit at fault.

Sorry for another block of text.

I wouldn’t say the parents are completely ignoring the other children
They invited everyone, not just Hari out on the shopping trip. The mother went to look for the youngest son’s handkerchief instead ignoring that they were upset.

Fed-Kun's army
@Tempomancer9934
I see. I'm sorry for the misinterpretation.
Yes, legally speaking, the adults haven't done anything wrong . It's kind of worrying how the children don't know their limits against a person.

I think I get the cycle now.

Brothers resent Hari bc parents favour her in their grief --> brothers lash out, bully and reject her --> parents scold and punish the boys w/o addressing the real problem --> repeat.

Pretty sad, tbh.

I see people are saying Hari's actions are justified but the boys actions aren't. Sure she didn't ask to be brought into this situation but she also isn't making it any better. There is wedge between the boys and their parents and she is just driving the wedge deeper. I don't have a good view of her at all yet. She keeps saying that they did terrible things to her but I won't believe it was actually bad until I know what they did. I hope the boys start ignoring her and their parents and stick together to make it through this terrible situation.

Dex-chan lover
@Cimoore95
At least she's trying, whereas they are not. She didn't make the youngest brother slap cotton candy out of her hand. She legitimately trying to do something nice and he threw a fit. That's not on her, it's on him.

Now, granted, he's a little kid. And he's still going through the issue of having his twin sister die and almost being kind of replaced. And the parents could absolutely handle it better. But if the brothers are going to start shit, that's not Hari's fault.

(Also, don't forget, they almost accidentally killed her by playing a prank on her that could've caused her to freeze to death, and we see the youngest loved to torment and intimidate her with his dog. Is it horrific and mistreatment? No, of course not. Is it beyond what is acceptable for siblings to do to one another? Yes, yes it is. Now if she starts trying to actively turn the parents against the boys (and she isn't, she just flat out isn't), you'd have a point. But she's not looking to really start issues. They come to her.)

@definitionofinsanity She isn't trying anything. This story is about her not caring about them and acting how she wants. Offering someone cotton candy to apologize for that situation was stupid. That was pushing aside his feelings and doing the same thing as his parents. If I give you stuff ignore the wrong that I do to you is what she was saying.

So you are telling me that her actions are justified because she was wronged but the boys were wronged and have to put up with it. And you are completely fine with a 27 year old picking on children. She went back in time but she still has the conscious of her 27 year old self. None of her actions are justified. The boys are wrong but she isn't right either. Two wrongs don't make a right especially when they are coming from someone that was supposedly an adult.

Just because she isn't doing it on purpose doesn't mean she isn't doing it at all. You can unconsciously drive a wedge between people and that is what could've happened the first time. Though the fact that she is purposefully saying things and acting the way she is makes me believe she is doing it on purpose this time.

Dex-chan lover
@Cimoore95
She isn't trying anything. This story is about her not caring about them and acting how she wants. Offering someone cotton candy to apologize for that situation was stupid. That was pushing aside his feelings and doing the same thing as his parents. If I give you stuff ignore the wrong that I do to you is what she was saying.

Jesus Christ, at this point Hari could take a fucking bullet for him and I think you're find a way to spin it that she's "getting in his way."

First of all, that was a genuine attempt to make peace. You know it. I know it. You can pretend you don't, that's your prerogative, but I'm not playing that game even if you want to. To actually try and argue she was trying to buy his love with cotton candy instead of making a nice gesture... Wew lad.

So you are telling me that her actions are justified because she was wronged but the boys were wronged and have to put up with it.

...Her actions? Oh, no! You're right. The GALL of that conniving little bitch! Using cotton candy, of all things, in attempt to bribe the poor innocent brother into forgiving all her misdeeds! Ah, but thankfully he saw through that charade and THREW IT ON THE GROUND! Yeah! Right on! That'll show her!

And you are completely fine with a 27 year old picking on children. She went back in time but she still has the conscious of her 27 year old self.
And she's also playing the part of a 7-year-old. Even if she does have the mind of a 27-year-old, if she starts acting like an adult it's only going to MAKE THE SITUATION WORSE because they're either going to think she's batshit insane or acting arrogant for her age. You both want her to play the part of being a 7-year-old while also taking up the slack that an adult would and acting like a 27-year-old. I'm telling you, right now, that isn't going to work.

Just because she isn't doing it on purpose doesn't mean she isn't doing it at all. You can unconsciously drive a wedge between people and that is what could've happened the first time. Though the fact that she is purposefully saying things and acting the way she is makes me believe she is doing it on purpose this time.

Riiiiight. "E-E-Even if she isn't d-d-doing it on purpose!" is kinda at odds with the "DO YOU THINK HER ACTIONS ARE JUSTIFIED, HMM?! WELL?!" argument. Kinda like having your cake and eating it, too. Doesn't work that way.

@definitionofinsanity. Unlike you I can properly see through crap and I can comprehend what I am reading. I dont have time or energy to continue reading your ignorance. I am blocking you so waste time by yourself.

Fed-Kun's army
I can see that the parents are abusive and there's a person in the comments placing most if not all the blame on the MC for the scars of the brothers by calling her out on her actions. Greeaaattt.

This is the first we actually see the MC retaliate* because of past experiences and though it did put me off, I also can see some sense to it. At this point, 27-year-old MC still hasn't grasped the gravity of the situation between the parents and the brothers but I can see that she's observing it more. She's acting accordingly not only to her past memories but her current observations. I don't understand why some people can't understand the process of how the MC needs to grow.

She was bullied in her pov for a long time. She is only protecting herself now. And even when it's to protect herself, she feels bad about it because a couple cases has led to bad results for her brothers. She dislikes them but there is not even a shred of evil intent from her.

*It's not some childish whims that she's doing. She's genuinely scarred by her past and is getting back at them for the past her that was hurt. But like I said, even though she wants to get back at them, she only does it when they attack her first. Erich did try to trick her in this chp and if she wasn't her 27 yr old self, she would've sat out of the carriage and not with the family.

And just to repeat my other comments from prev chapters, scars of the past shape a person. Though she maybe 27, you cannot expect a victim to be forgiving of her abusers. She is not a saint.

Kids are so simple.
Boy: I don’t want to go with you!
Hari: I want to go with you
Boy: 😮✨

Imagine that your parent suddenly brought another kid, claim it as your sister and hurt you,scold you or even hitting you because you hurt her.

Ofc as a kid who still cant understand about their situation it'd feel so bad , i pity her brothers.

But i pity her too, i hope that slowly they will reconcile

Users who are viewing this thread