Binbou Kizoku Nord no Boukentan - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

Aggregator gang
If I was in the MC position, I would've punch both parents in the face. How can you borrow money and not repay it for over 20 years, now they shamelessly demand money from their kids like what did you two even do during those past 20 years? Too busy having more kids instead of focusing on repaying your debt

Dex-chan lover
This is fuckin bonkers.

What a pair of absolute idiots his parents are. These people are nobility? I hope they don't run any land because, with lack of foresight that extreme, everyone is going to starve to death. 10x their normal, yearly earnings is just cutting into the interest they owe. Judging by how lax the repayment's been (20 years) I doubt the interest rate is crazy high, so they must owe an insane principal of money.

Just we bag it up or eat some anti-fertility shit or get tube-tying magic. After about the 4th kid, it would have just been a sound financial investment.

And I'm het up about it because now their kids leaving the house and doing crazy shit, not to earn a living but to reduce costs and help their stupid parents reduce their astronomical debt. Jupiter's jewelbag, they fkn suck.

Dex-chan lover
This is fuckin bonkers.

What a pair of absolute idiots his parents are. These people are nobility? I hope they don't run any land because, with lack of foresight that extreme, everyone is going to starve to death. 10x their normal, yearly earnings is just cutting into the interest they owe. Judging by how lax the repayment's been (20 years) I doubt the interest rate is crazy high, so they must owe an insane principal of money.

Just we bag it up or eat some anti-fertility shit or get tube-tying magic. After about the 4th kid, it would have just been a sound financial investment.

And I'm het up about it because now their kids leaving the house and doing crazy shit, not to earn a living but to reduce costs and help their stupid parents reduce their astronomical debt. Jupiter's jewelbag, they fkn suck.
The first chapter explains that, they are low level nobles (barely more than in name), they get an allowance (only enough to support a couple with maybe one kid), there's no land for them to govern or tax, but they have living expenses and expected nobility expenses. With the family continuing to grow, the living expenses keep rising, and as long as they're nobles there are still things they are expected to spend for. So that's why all the older kids are working to help the family with bills.

Dex-chan lover
And the parents kept pumping babies out after borrowing a lot of money, it’s ridiculous.

It’s not like anyone but the first-born will inherit the family, being a low-ranked nobility, Nord won’t get anything when everything has been repaid.

If anything, Nord already went above and beyond in terms of filial piety, there should be no more reason for him to keep doing this.

Dex-chan lover
great manga but the MC is disgusting IMO

seeing him being push around by his family for something that's not even important is a turn off
and why is only the MC that being burdened by the debt when they have others older siblings

Group Leader
Man he had it rough, reaally curious what he would do to destroy this wall

Group Leader
great manga but the MC is disgusting IMO

seeing him being push around by his family for something that's not even important is a turn off
and why is only the MC that being burdened by the debt when they have others older siblings
??? He and all aduts siblings are working to pay their debts, is just the parents that are stupid

Dex-chan lover
If I was in the MC position, I would've punch both parents in the face. How can you borrow money and not repay it for over 20 years, now they shamelessly demand money from their kids like what did you two even do during those past 20 years? Too busy having more kids instead of focusing on repaying your debt
On god, the child doesn't even taste luxury from money they took

Dex-chan lover
Why did his dad have to borrow money to join the military to begin with? This is strange. Usually time in the the military pays very handsomely because It's an extremely dangerous occupation. And military is usually so freaking corrupted, his dad already being a distinguished knight by itself should have paved ways for his sons to get quick career tracks.
And a retainer pay of 30 coins being lower than a commoner's earning of 40 means they really should not be having any servants at all, just a thought. All this debt situation is just so contrived.

Dex-chan lover
90de9901f464b821dd4e5b407dfd442d.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I'll be honest, how come the military career doesn't pay well?
While I understand the need to buy your own equipments like ye olde days but how come it is so low?

Dex-chan lover
Why did his dad have to borrow money to join the military to begin with? This is strange. Usually time in the the military pays very handsomely because It's an extremely dangerous occupation. And military is usually so freaking corrupted, his dad already being a distinguished knight by itself should have paved ways for his sons to get quick career tracks.
And a retainer pay of 30 coins being lower than a commoner's earning of 40 means they really should not be having any servants at all, just a thought. All this debt situation is just so contrived.
It could be, that the father has to join the military because he is a noble/night. He gets money for being one.
Why he needed to pay for joining isn't really clear cut. Might be armor, bribes, who knows.

Dex-chan lover
fidgets in seat

I just said it on the previous chapter, and it's building up moreso here. This feeling of dread is ever growing. His older sister speaking happily with someone at the beginning of the chapter, and his mother's inability to even face him toward the end; there is too much in this series that feels like it's setting up for it all to be one big lie, that he's just being horribly taken advantage of in some capacity.

I really don't want to be right, because this is already feeling more and more painful, but if I am right.....

Users who are viewing this thread