BLAME! - Vol. 10 Ch. 65

tl:dr if I'm reading this correctly

Sphere that came with Cibo had a human embryo(?) with net terminal genes, but it wouldn't grow unless it was "safe". When Killy sinks to the bottom of whatever enormous reservoir he was in, it decides nothing else is going to threaten it, so it wakes up. The last panel is killy and the child that was born from the sphere some indeterminate amount of time later.

So I guess you could say it's a good end - killy found what he was looking for, after all.

What a fantastic read.

Dex-chan lover
i dont think that kid has net terminal genes
there wouldnt really be a reason to carry it around for god knows how long when they could just connect from pretty much anywhere
or he might have to walk across the whole damn place back to the elevator girl from the start no idea what part she plays in all of this

Double-page supporter
@Meybi no evidence of that, but the evidence that kid is not Cibo's is plenty.

First the cyborgs in chapter 7 is talking about Killy killed one of them, most likely referring to chapter 1. From there the story is continue until he met Cibo in chapter 9, so there's no way that kid is Cibo's since they haven't met yet. Second, the suit of Cibo's kid is different and more protective, most likely to protect him/her from contamination. Third is Killy's ability to scan is opened in chapter 15 and at chapter 1 he's not shown to be able to do that, if he do most likely he will shot the man approaching them since he's able to see he is a cyborg.

Still, there's a mystery to who the kid are or who are the people associated with Killy at chapter 1. My best guess is the author made some chapters without clear plots and just intended as one shots, but turns out the editor/publishing company want to continue them so he began to form the plot since chapter three above. Many long serialized japanese manga out there is like that so it's not strange at all. Just treat early chapters as no relation to actual plots.

Double-page supporter
@Meybi interesting, any proof to back that up? I know my theory is just a theory in the end without solid statement from the author himself. But since you're so sure to said it wasn't chronological and even said "definitely Cibo's kid" so I'm wondering what makes you so sure about that.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm definitely searching for old physical copy on ebay.

And I'm thinking of something. The sphere is the "child" of Cibo and Sanakan, right? Cibo live inside Sanakan body for ten or so years during the Toha Heavy Industries arc. In the mean time, Killy met AU Cibo, who later died and the body got to house Cibo consciousness. So maybe, being from the alternative universe, AU Cibo maybe special? And combine with whatever the hell it is Sanakan became later on, they manage to create an uninfected human embryo. Just my theory which doesn't really say anything at the end. I just want to grasp at something after than open-ended ending.

Definitely a different kid from the one in the first chap. Two things stand out from that first kid. It probably was a pure human he found initially, but obviously the kid dies. Or could be his companion similar to the guy with the floating mask in the unregistered level. The floating mask originally had a body and that of a kid before losing the body. It's probable that agents like Killy have companions that accompany them. But the process to the kid messed them up badly so they couldn't come back. Also, this kid says something about their cell probably being wanted by that silicon hobo. Maybe a power cell? Definitely not pure human.

Also, the child at the end has a lot of protective gear, so it makes me think she is a pure human and now they just have to make it back to the central control so she can set things right. We don't need to see that journey because we know they make it.

Dex-chan lover
Well, that was surprising. I guess the embryo found a safe place to grow and he raises the child? I guess we won't see a real ending with actual explanations unless Netflix or somebody decides to make a part 2 or 3 of the movie and wraps it up with actual dialogue, motion, characterization and plotting.

Plus, maybe colors other than "black" and "off black". I can see how Girls' Last Tour was influenced by this. If Killy had succeeded and shut off all the systems attacking the humans, I could see how the end result would be Humanity being restored, growing in numbers, then all dying again of starvation and thirst after the surge in population quickly used up the scarce remaining resources, with the result being human vs human violence which would kick off the events of Girls' Last Tour.

Edit: Also, I'm not re-reading this. It makes my eyes hurt.

hmm, interesting read. the art felt hard to decipher at times but it was also breathtaking at the same time. a weird, almost sublime, experience.

Users who are viewing this thread