Blue Lock - Vol. 12 Ch. 101 - New Shape

It is getting a bit extreme, but the art is still on point and I'm having a blast reading the series. Maybe I'm resistant because I read xianxia novels daily and I have to deal with main leads starting to juggle universes and punch through galactics after 50 chapters.

I also feel quite familiar with all the special skills in Blue Lock =)) Prince of Tennis actually has all that crazy skills years ago (Predicting the future of the ball, spatial-awareness, using blind spot, emperor/sharigan-eyes...) before the author - Konomi went overboard with all the DBZ level up and power creep.

Hope that Blue Lock somehow still keeps its realism after the 20 -30 volume's mark =))

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for update it. You guy are really fast. 😄 I happy to read your update as soon as after I finish Korean raw.

I hope Isagi can do some more in this chapter. But this turn is not bad. It feel like author is trying to keep the pace of this story not go too fast and wait for the wave rise up until the 2 team equal. We can see the last goal will decide who will be selected in top 11.

Eh, I read xianxia novels too. Those are based in a world with magic and everything. This one is based in a world where Japan's national team isn't any good, but there's 100 hs soccer players trying to get to a world youth level but they can already shoot from 40 yards away before a goalie can react. They also play perfectly, make no mistakes, and can do physically impossible turns / shots in .5 seconds. It's cool but there's just so many players with special skills it's a bit overwhelming. I'm still reading it a bit but I prefer ao ashi right now and fantasista before that. That said, I always liked baby steps over prince of tennis so that's just me.

@Mogs I hear what you're saying. POT was definitely fun to watch, but Baby Steps really bloomed into a beautiful story(sad that it's not expanded upon). Ao Ashi is my preference now too, but this has a unique setting and action style to it.

So far, in BL the people who are prone to making mistakes have been weeded out so it's the cream of the crop competing now. Top 100 is already a pretty talented subset of people and they are going against people of a similar age group/body build.

We're still within the realm of things you could see in real games; I'm honestly loving the "oh shit" moments so far because some of them imitate matches I've played in so vividly that I can't help but smile.

Blue Lock is still flying safely under my Prince of Tennis radar, as long as the cap is "unlikely for students to pull off" and not "I am literally causing rifts in space with this racquet bro".

Honestly feels like the story is setting the MC up to be something like the ultimate mid-fielder rather than striker/forward.

Fed-Kun's army
I think everyone have something they prefer what they like and not like.

Most of manga, novel are base on fantasy of author. You will always find hole in the plot. What I learn is accept them or just stop reading it 🤔

I think complain about the error in a story will not really change anything. It just make other reader feel tire and create an un-ending argument. (Base on my experience 🤗)

Users who are viewing this thread