Bocchi the Rock! - Ch. 75

Dex-chan lover
Wow I didn't say anything because I thought it was fanart with the fansub but is official? WOW she's BEEEEEEEG that's really nice.
Surround yourself with friends!

Dex-chan lover
Wow I didn't say anything because I thought it was fanart with the fansub but is official? WOW she's BEEEEEEEG that's really nice.
Surround yourself with friends!
As far as I remember the author's illustration with the anime announcement (or for Valentine's Day, I don't remember), this is not the first time they have used such a service for chapter covers. But what conclusions to draw from this is up to you, if you want any.

Dex-chan lover
No one is stopping you from creating any headcanons as long as you don't start demanding other people follow it. Personally, I think that if these had an actual relationship outside of the fanservice chapter cover, then it would clearly not be limited to "couple chokers".
You did read "friendship* neck-rings" right? I'll simplify it down to "I gotta admit that design coincidence is a shiptease". BTR and Kirara slice of life in general aren't places for romance, but the magazine isn't just subtext. The canon sapphic established the boundaries, which is comedy is all that matters.

Dex-chan lover
You did read "friendship* neck-rings" right? I'll simplify it down to "I gotta admit that design coincidence is a shiptease". BTR and Kirara slice of life in general aren't places for romance, but the magazine isn't just subtext. The canon sapphic established the boundaries, which is comedy is all that matters.
Subtext is a very slippery place that allows you to legalize any assumptions and speculations by simply saying that it is not stated directly because it is “subtext”. Not to mention that the very concept of subtext is not as simple as it seems to people. But I don’t see a problem if the author knew that the dude liked this ship/characters dynamic and he invited him to write a side story about their interaction, also adding some kind of service there. It's completely fine.

But if we talk about “official pairings”, then although I’m not sure that I know exactly what you mean by this, but in such works there are always Class S-like pairings that develop this or that dynamic and offer people any kind of shipping, even while remaining canonically pure. This helps the works not to fall into yuri restrictions, and to satisfy the requests of shippers. Anime like Hibike or franchises like Love Live make a lot of money from this, appealing to a wide variety of audiences. Watamote has even gone from mocking it to open use. So, if you expect that they are not involved, but the author offers shipping to those who want it, then you are right.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Is that cover page even based off of any album art or was Hamaji just feeling fruity this week?
Apparently the author invited the author of one of the douji to write a side story about their favorite characters (?) and this was part of the service. But in any case, according to the translator, this is not based on any MV or cover.

THAT COVER!!! fajshudrhqawurh 🥵

I need more adult only chapters. Now some of the girls can join them soon.

Also i love the self... insert... jok.. im lonely... :aquadrink::meguuusad:

Double-page supporter
Apparently the author invited the author of one of the douji to write a side story about their favorite characters (?) and this was part of the service. But in any case, according to the translator, this is not based on any MV or cover.
Nothing related to it, it's just Hamazi cooking things last minute after her COVID and that's really it.

The centre color pages has been announced an issue before in Kirara site. And Hamazi (or actually that was Instant, her advisor) confirms color chapters will always have no references.

Dex-chan lover
Nothing related to it, it's just Hamazi cooking things last minute after her COVID and that's really it.

The centre color pages has been announced an issue before in Kirara site. And Hamazi (or actually that was Instant, her advisor) confirms color chapters will always have no references.
Thanks for the clarification, perhaps I misunderstood or confused something. So, this turned out to be a short side story with the service simply because the author was recovering from an illness?

Users who are viewing this thread