Bokura no Kiseki - Vol. 22 Ch. 96

Dex-chan lover
Shit I thought that the manga was completed in Japan for some reason. :,(

Thanks a lot for your work guys, I don’t understand how you can produce such quality with that pace and we really appreciate it.

Thank you so much for bringing us such high quality chapters, I'm really grateful! And good luck for the future chapters hehe.

Thank you so much for all these chapters!

Ah, I just want everyone to come out in the open and figure out together what happened! But I understand Hiroki's (rightful) fear that someone is still out there to get(kill) her. And Zeze! Being the responsible for everyone's death (even if indirectly for some) it's quite a burden, with even Minami, who's all about 'the present', letting himself being carried away by his ressentiment towards Eugene

Being Zeze is suffering i-i

Anyway, the note on the last page unfortunately doesn't hint as much to us, lowly translation-readers. So until now were everyone consistently calling Veronica 'hime'? Is there someone who called her 'ojou' before?
(I don't know any japanese to hazard a guess about what that could mean...)

edit: oh, I just read the text translation on your tumblr blog, is really interesting reading your impressions about the chapter
(and '-ojou' was used by the priests, huh good to know)

Group Leader
You're welcome guys!

@lis_d I know it's not really informing... but honestly, it was a hint that unfortunately got lost in translation. There are two ways to use princess - "oujo" (something like 'a royal daughter', with a strong emphasis on a social hierarchy) and "hime" (that is simply princess, or a high-born lady, totally respectful but a little less official in terms of stiff social etiquette...). Generally everyone was using "hime" when referring to Veronica. So when you read in Japanese, it really stands out when it's suddenly "oujo", but it was lost in translation somewhere, so I had hard time thinking how can I make a distinction now. What's more, I didn't read ALL of Bokura no Kiseki in Japanese, and I wasn't sure 100% who was using "oujo". When I checked later, most priests were using "hime" also. It seems like Lucas was the one using "oujo" sometimes, but I didn't check if always. So it's a strong hint, but lost in English translation.

BTW I love Veronica trying to use that sword clumsily in rage.

Aggregator gang
Thank you so much for your hard work!! Considering that I have been following this series for years, I never thought the day would come when we would actually be caught up ; o ; I can't wait for more MYSTERIES

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you si much for the transflation !
I have a suggestion for "ojou" maybe we can translate it as "Miss" ? so the readers can see a difference.

Minami loosing himself to Veronica is just too good! The look in his eye ! I'm dying !

Contributor
@nanamka thank you so much for all your hard work!!!! this is one of my favourite series ever and it's been a struggle waiting for translations; finding your blog was a blessing and I was so happy when you took over scanlations as well!! I can't believe we're finally up-to-date, it feels like when Game of Thrones finished the source material. We're in uncharted territory now.

Also, perhaps "ojou" could be interpreted as "Your Highness"? It's a more formal address than "Princess" so maybe that could be the English equivalent.

I wonder how Nishina is going to spin his way outta this one

Group Leader
@Mira995 if I were re-doing it from the scratch, I'd go for "Her Highness" or something, but it's pointless now. It was lost in the translation for good.
Or rather, leaving it as "princess" is the best.
Because it's always "Veronica-hime", translated as "princess Veronica" or "hime" translated as "the princess".
There's really no much moments when someone is referring to Veronica as just "princess" (not like speaking about the princess, but using princess as title).
So yes, it's VERY vague, but can be traced back, I guess. So I decided to leave it as it is.
Honestly, translating Bokura no Kiseki perfectly would require waiting for whole story to be out and then doing it step by step.

Thank you for your hard work all this time! It will be sad to go back to waiting a while for releases, but at least it will no longer be a 6 month limbo wondering if there will ever be another release again. This is my favourite manga, I am so grateful for these scanlations.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks to the translators! This story is so suspenseful at times.

Users who are viewing this thread