Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - The Geniuses begin to understand [X]'s feelings.

the fact that none of the girls were there to help him get over his cold really encapsulates everything I dislike about this genre.

Aggregator gang
Page 19, third row, left panel:
"I do not understand it. Raising geniuses as normal people is sheer stupidity."

Excuse me?!?!
If you don't, to at least a certain extent, they won't be able to interact well with others!
And, the more you understand the world in general, the better you are able to relate your area of specialization to others.
You may be the most knowledgeable person around on a given subject, but if you can't pass that knowledge onto others it will die with you, so you really need to know how to communicate with others, and that requires having things in common with them.

Aside from that...
Just because you have a natural aptitude for something doesn't mean that you enjoy it, or that it's what you feel passionate about.
Just because segments of society treat us as cogs in a machine doesn't mean that's what we truly are.
Attempt what you are passionate about.
Even if you fail, that's better than not attempting it at all.
Better to taste defeat than live your life thinking, "If I had only attempted X..."; "if-I-had-only"s can destroy you.

Also, if you only do the things you are naturally good at, you will never feel what it's like to succeed in the face of adversity.
True, you may never know failure, but how then will you be able to relate to those who struggle, those for whom your area of expertise is clear as mud?
To truly empathize with others, you need to have experienced things akin to what they experience.

Fed-Kun's army
Yo, I swear these anime protagonists never get vaccinated or something

Users who are viewing this thread