Boon ga Ijime ni Atteita You Desu

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@mrTwister
what does '....souka' mean?

I couldn't find any proof, but timeline fits: tsunbaka occurs in boon's second/third year of high school (probably third) since boon's classmate dokuo is the president of the student council, so this is probably boon's first year; tsun either wasn't in his class this year, or boon transferred schools to tsun's school after this.

Dex-chan lover
In fairness, thot #2 wasn't particularly wrong about Boon-kun's gift being creepy.

Dex-chan lover
Man, if things didn't work out so well for Boon in Tsunbaka this would be even more depressing.

Contributor
Oh man that's a a lot more depressing than Tsunbaka mmm...

Lmao this is pretty good

Although it's understandable to call someone creepy when they have no nose and only lines for eyes

Group Leader
@cgr
I think, Tsunbaka is just spin-off with the same characters, but another storyline and without any background that was in this oneshot.

Other opinions about this without any proofs seems more just like a fan theory.

Fed-Kun's army
Agree with @mrTwister there. MangaDex needs an "Alternate Setting/Universe" tag for stories where the characters are reused intentionally but not in the same story or setting. That is definitely what this story is, probably random with no connection to Tsunbaka but reusing Boon. The "Spin-off" tag is throwing people off.

EDIT: There is apparently one, I guess whoever upload should change it. Or reply to us that Tsunbaka is in fact a spin-off.

EDIT2: lmao it's actually you mrTwister. I think there are better labels available instead of Spin-off here for Tsunbaka.
Because if you do leave Tsunbaka as a Spin-off, what appears when you go to Tsunbaka link would be this
unknown.png

Are you sure Tsunbaka is "adapted" from this random oneshot?

XBVvJa5.png

From the list, "Alternate story" sounds the most logical here.

Group Leader
@kn1000a
As I understand it, the original story is placed here: https://ex10.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/news4vip/1115394687 (there's also video version of it: https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm3981820).
I've also found this version: http://aa2ki.blog108.fc2.com/blog-entry-4107.html

YOKO adapted it to this oneshot. And created Tsunbaka with some characters from this story. I also don't know YOKO created Tsunbaka later than this oneshot or not. Raws (which are on the web) of Boon and Tsunbaka are shipped together.

From the list, "Alternate story" sounds the most logical here.
Hmmm, yes. I think, it better fits here.

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@mrTwister
Sorry, I can't read Japanese.

Can you, or someone who can read japanese explain why your links prove tsunbaka is an alternate continuity?
because tsunbaka being a sequel to this sounds pretty logical to me based on timeline and based on boon being able to jump really high, and survive the fall (without major injury) in tsunbaka.

If you don't have actual evidence, then you're also making a fan theory and it's ruining this oneshot for me because it's inconclusive (did boon die? if he didn't die, what happened to him after that?)

Group Leader
@cgr
why your links prove tsunbaka is an alternate continuity?
Those links doesn't prove that Tsunbaka is an alternate continuity. They should show that origin of Boon as a character and story is not even a manga.

Next, I don't need to prove that Tsunbaka is an alternative story because Tsunbaka hasn't any direct references to this oneshot. Rather, you need to prove that Tsunbaka is a sequel.
But you haven't shown at least one direct proof that Tsunbaka is a sequel.

Because this
this sounds pretty logical to me
is not direct proof. It's a theory.

then you're also making a fan theory
Maybe. But only if you'll prove that Tsunbaka is a sequel.

it's ruining this oneshot for me
It's not my problem anyway.

As for me, Tsunbaka is more ruining Boon oneshot in itself.

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@mrTwister
boon: same name, same face
no inconsistency
by same author, same art

there wasn't a problem before you posted your theory with unsubstantial evidence.

Group Leader
Why were my comments removed? such bullshit.
edit: lol alright m8.
@cgr
I've already mentioned this earlier, but i'll repeat it: tsunbaka occurs in boon's second/third year of high school since boon classmate dokuo is student council president, so tsun either wasn't in his class this year, or boon transferred schools to tsun's school after this.
That doesn't explain the whole personality mismatch between both boons. Tsun is a core part of boon's life in tsunbaka, if they were in the same universe, he wouldn't have killed himself. you're still not answering shit of what I said. As I said before, this is more a different story using the same character than a prequel.
As @mrtwister linked, I was right and it was based on another 2ch thread http://aa2ki.blog108.fc2.com/blog-entry-4107.html
You know, it may be the same artist and maybe the anon who made the story also did both threads, but that just points to some anon making stories using a recurring character and reusing the fly thing.

spirit leaving the body is a visual gag in manga, people don't automatically ascend to heaven from it.
Also, he doesn't have a halo, and that pose at the end isn't really a ascending to heaven pose (normally, both legs face straight down) but more like a jumping pose (like he's so happy he is 'flying' his spirit jumped out of his body temporarily).
Yeah he was so fucking happy that he jumped to his death all while bawling his eyes out after being systematically bullied and having his heart broken. Really. You don't need a halo to see the obvious, if you check the thread, there's also no halo so the artist didn't put one to keep it as loyal as possible to the post, but you can see the anons in that site mourning boon and none talking about tsunbaka as a sequel or anything of the sort.

I've already mentioned this earlier, but i'll repeat it: tsunbaka occurs in boon's second/third year of high school since boon classmate dokuo is student council president, so tsun either wasn't in his class this year, or boon transferred schools to tsun's school after this.
Now is time to turn this onto you, where's your proof? where's your proof tsun or even dokuo exist in this oneshot? There's none, you're now the one making stuff up to justify their absence.

Group Leader
@cgr
boon: same name, same face
no inconsistency
by same author, same art
And so? Author can't make alternate story with the same characters?

there wasn't a problem before you posted your theory with unsubstantial evidence.
I can attach your phrase to this:
Boon survived, tsunbaka is the sequel

@KebabRemover
Maybe, your posts are here: https://mangadex.org/chapter/517066/comments

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@KebabRemover
sorry, my mistake, I'll make the reply on the the other thread, my comment on this thread is now edited to not include you,

@mrTwister

sure, but unless you have actual evidence for it, you shouldn't claim that my claim is false

I didn't cause any confusion: I'm confident my claim isn't a lie because no evidence suggests my claim is false, it's when you claimed my claim was false (without evidence) that there's confusion, I had to check your links to see if there is any evidence of your claim, and I couldn't find any. I still hope someone else who can read japanese can clarify the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread