Booty Royale: Never Go Down Without A Fight! - Ch. 88 - Burn, My Spirit. Through This Abominable Fate

Dex-chan lover
Do You guys even remember how this story started? It was Misora getting trick into filming a AV.

Also, second manga I read that has such reference to Ukraine.

The Chornobil disaster was one of the nails in the coffin of the Soviet Union

Dex-chan lover
This arc has gone for way too fucking long, I so do not care about it at this point
Just finish the fight already, holy shit
I want to watch MC get sexually frustrated and do some funny gyaru shit again, I didn't come here to watch a shounen tournament arc

Dex-chan lover
This arc has gone for way too fucking long, I so do not care about it at this point
Just finish the fight already, holy shit
I want to watch MC get sexually frustrated and do some funny gyaru shit again, I didn't come here to watch a shounen tournament arc
same

Dex-chan lover
I like the arc but I agree this particular fight is going on a bit too much, we're at like the third 'final move'.

Double-page supporter
Ir really don't get what author though when he created this abominable arc. It just doesn't make sense.
From storytelling perspective we are stuck unable to progress for God know how long.
From themes perspective nothing new is presented.
Fan service is in shambles.
Even from some evil/pragmatic perspective of stretching this manga from money it doesn't make sense.

Dex-chan lover
When did this manga become female Baki?? I don’t mind this still, it is adding more to the characters.. But this fight is way too long..

Dex-chan lover
Long because of flashback...
Every punch each chapter, backstory...
Is this normal now? Lots of manga did this. I hate it

Dex-chan lover
Rui likes to draw sexy women in risque situations, he also likes to draw elaborate martial art fights and ramble about his political view. This is pretty much every single work of his, and people always cry about it as if this is something new.
Anywho, Hagure Idol is currently on an indefinite hiatus and Rui did say if he failed at his political career he will return with a more family-friendly approach (since his family apparently doesn't like the sexy women part, especially now he has a daughter).
Personally, I believe in the Saint Seiya conspiracy theory instead of this early retirement thing.

Dex-chan lover
Man, I wasn't expecting so many people to be bitching over this. This whole tournament has been fucking rad. Yeah, ass and titties and erotic scenarios are fun, but it's way better when the story and characters have something else going on under the hood. If you wanna see pure fanservice with no substance or anything else, you've got literally hundreds of series on this site to pick from. Shoo.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter.
Chapters like this make me miss the previous translator who gave us so many notes and stuff at the end of chapters.

Dex-chan lover
Man, I wasn't expecting so many people to be bitching over this. This whole tournament has been fucking rad. Yeah, ass and titties and erotic scenarios are fun, but it's way better when the story and characters have something else going on under the hood. If you wanna see pure fanservice with no substance or anything else, you've got literally hundreds of series on this site to pick from. Shoo.
Me too, because earlier we all didn't seem to understand why the Japanese complained so much about this arc, while in the west it was it that made this work especially popular. Perhaps people are too tired of the fact that manga, known for its surrealism, has become serious for too long.
Do You guys even remember how this story started? It was Misora getting trick into filming a AV.

Also, second manga I read that has such reference to Ukraine.

The Chornobil disaster was one of the nails in the coffin of the Soviet Union
This is not the last reference to Ukraine in this manga. Next time for more actual reasons, if you know what I mean.
This is actually really good martial art manga, i think the author actually intend to make it martial art tournament manga from the start, but to make sure this manga not getting axed he baiting people by making it erotica
I doubt. His works usually ended quickly due to the loss of interest of the author or the audience, so Hagure changes arcs very often and heavily to keep the manga alive. Even some plot development decisions were made from this. An arc like this is very much his style, but I doubt it was planned from the start. Initially, it was generally conceived as only one volume.
Rui likes to draw sexy women in risque situations, he also likes to draw elaborate martial art fights and ramble about his political view. This is pretty much every single work of his, and people always cry about it as if this is something new.
Anywho, Hagure Idol is currently on an indefinite hiatus and Rui did say if he failed at his political career he will return with a more family-friendly approach (since his family apparently doesn't like the sexy women part, especially now he has a daughter).
Personally, I believe in the Saint Seiya conspiracy theory instead of this early retirement thing.
Political career? Family friendly? As far as I remember, he just said that he had problems with his family because of this, but he took a temporary break, not a complete shutdown, since he still loved this manga and it was successful. And I haven't seen people complain about the very fact of it. Most criticism of his work comes either from the quality of his writing (even the Japanese joked about the surrealism of his stories) or from his work in general. Those who read his manga don't criticize him for the mere fact of his style.

Not to mention, the mention of a daughter makes this somewhat hypocritical, as despite all the awkward nuances, Hagure Idol was quite vocal about this kind of lifestyle for women.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Political career? Family friendly? As far as I remember, he just said that he had problems with his family because of this, but he took a temporary break, not a complete shutdown, since he still loved this manga and it was successful.
He is in the Cabinet Secretariat now, he even talked about applying for the job months ago. It's literally in his bio. I can't remember which tweet but he did say he will tone it down with the risque women or something to that effect if he returns.
https://twitter.com/r_tkt

Users who are viewing this thread