Botsuraku Yotei Nanode, Kajishokunin wo Mezasu - Ch. 47

Dex-chan lover
So I'm gonna marathon this now since I have not seen it yet.

So from what I understand, Eliza, the girl that only appears in blink and you miss it moments, is supposed to be the main heroine right?

Edit: Ok done reading it all, and I gotta say, this author sucks at focusing on the important things in their story

They say that Eliza is the FMC, but they don't do a very good job at depicting her as the FMC when she appears only in less than 5% of the entire story.

Don't tell us she is the FMC, SHOW US that she is the FMC.

Give some of the many filler girl chaps to her instead, to develop Eliza more than just a trophy wife for the MC.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Iris is a bit of a weird girl.

The way she looks at monsters seems like it could lead to underestimation and carelessness.

Historically it was common to sleep in the same room at inns. Even just having separate rooms like that for only two people is more modern than people realise.

He's also acting as if he's going to have trouble not attacking her. One, he's an isekai MC, so no way he's got that in him, and two that's not a problem for almost all real people.

Honestly, he deserves that dream. And her reaction to it.

The beddings don't make sense and are inconsistent.

Edit: Ok done reading it all, and I gotta say, this author sucks at focusing on the important things in their story.
Yeah, that's probably the biggest flaw of the manga. It's too wishy-washy with... many things, and puts too much focus on irrelevant details. Really wanted her to join in on this trip.

And I've mentioned before that this is one of very few mangas where it actually makes sense that FMC feels neglected, because that's absolutely true, while in most other mangas it comes off as petty jealousy.

Dex-chan lover
I was lowkey expecting a bonus page with something like:

“Dear Kukuri

Strange as it might seem, I dreamt of punching you”

Sincerely,
Eliza”

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It was very common within households to have multiple people sleeping in the same bed. The first Willy Wonka film is a good example.
Historically it was common to sleep in the same room at inns. Even just having separate rooms like that for only two people is more modern than people realise.

Double-page supporter
man it's just sleeping in the same room, japanese love making a mountain out of ant hill

Dex-chan lover
Eliza's been downgraded to dream cameos 😭

So from what I understand, Eliza, the girl that only appears in blink and you miss it moments, is supposed to be the main heroine right?

Edit: Ok done reading it all, and I gotta say, this author sucks at focusing on the important things in their story

They say that Eliza is the FMC, but they don't do a very good job at depicting her as the FMC when she appears only in less than 5% of the entire story.

Give some of the many filler girl chaps to her instead, to develop Eliza more than just a trophy wife for the MC.
I was honestly under the impression Iris is the female main character as the heroine from the game and that's why we didn't get Eliza as much. If Eliza is actually noted as the FMC then WTF?! Honestly even if she isn't for the main character romantic interest, she's way too nonexistent.

This series, at least from the Manga, is at best a chicken with its head cut off. It's a chill slice of life with no real major plot or antagonist so to speak. The problem is a series like this should still be directed in it's clear character work and grounded through them. Stuff like making it clear how the characters develop through interacting with the setting and each other or just giving them a clear goal to work towards that leads them to organic interactions with the setting and themselves growing.

We kinda get that but not really. There's no real obstacles or challenges the characters are overcoming that tell us they've grown. There's not really any conflict at all even just like drama between the characters. Stuff just happens and then other stuff just happens. For me the saving grace is just how much of a nothing series this is. Like if I turn my brain off then it becomes somewhat funny and good chance to wind down and get rid of a headache. That's kinda all I got. I wouldn't even really say this is a good fluff series becuase of stuff like Eliza not being present with moments every chapter.

Take this chapter for example. So much nothing occurred. The whole exposition about how monster hunting works (which was most the character's early exchange), the subplot of worrying over sleeping in the same room, and even dreaming of Eliza punching the MC. I could skip this chapter and be no more lost than before. I also didn't have to think or worry about anything mattering while reading.

Dex-chan lover

There is only a mc, everyone else is a side character.

Dex-chan lover
Why can't you write lovey dovey scene with Eliza? D:
Like seriously, why do we keep getting scenes where MC "cheated" on Eliza.
If they are not planning to continue Eliza ship, I wish they do it explicitly. That way I can actually drop this.

No
She is supposed to be the villainess and Ires is the fmc of the game
The bad ending of the villainess is that she will be poor and will end up marrying the mc
Since he know she is going to be his future wife and they will be poor
He is working to change that by learning how to smith and how collect money
Also he kinda already treat her as his wife and in his mind that is written on stone and why he act like he does with her

Users who are viewing this thread