Botsuraku Yotei Nanode, Kajishokunin wo Mezasu - Vol. 7 Ch. 40

Dex-chan lover
That's a very Mjölnir-looking hammer. It's not a very good design.

Seeing things through to the end might seem like something to always do, but there are cases when it's better to just stop. Like if things change, or if you're reading a manga you're not enjoying.

People declaring who others belong to will never stop being annoying.

*Prince getting killed*
"Don't make a mess."
Much worry.

"That's one way to interpret it."
Well, he's not wrong.

Dex-chan lover
Is there anyone who actually wants the MC to end up with the otome game heroine?
No? They are great friends but didn't show a spec of romantic interest for each other. Kururi and Eliza had a lot of romantic moments already and he only showed interest in her. Like the first thing he said about her in her internal monologue was something like "to be honest she is my type". I doubt anybody up to this point would waste energy in shipping Iris with Kururi.

Dex-chan lover
Wait did they execute the assassin in the same room? Well yikes. That kids gonna be traumatized.

No? They are great friends but didn't show a spec of romantic interest for each other. Kururi and Eliza had a lot of romantic moments already and he only showed interest in her. Like the first thing he said about her in her internal monologue was something like "to be honest she is my type". I doubt anybody up to this point would waste energy in shipping Iris with Kururi.
This. The prince isn't bad, but God he needs to grow as a character. It's hard to ship him with the main heroine when he's this annoying of a character and way too oblivious for his position and age. Otherwise I don't see the MC with anyone but Eliza (though I wish she'd appear more). Though I also can't disagree with the little brother who just seems to hate the prince for being an idiot.

Dex-chan lover
Otherwise I don't see the MC with anyone but Eliza (though I wish she'd appear more).
That's my main complaint about this series. She's barely even a secondary character at this point. So the points where she treats him like he neglects her feel entirely appropriate, unlike where it would normally feel like she's unreasonably jealous or clingy.

Contributor
The annoying otome game heroine have shown interest and jealousy towards kururi more than once.
Wait did they execute the assassin in the same room? Well yikes. That kids gonna be traumatized.

This. The prince isn't bad, but God he needs to grow as a character. It's hard to ship him with the main heroine when he's this annoying of a character and way too oblivious for his position and age. Otherwise I don't see the MC with anyone but Eliza (though I wish she'd appear more). Though I also can't disagree with the little brother who just seems to hate the prince for being an idiot.
the heroine is a lot more annoying than the prince in my opinion. They deserve each other.

Dex-chan lover
The annoying otome game heroine have shown interest and jealousy towards kururi more than once.

the heroine is a lot more annoying than the prince in my opinion. They deserve each other.
My man, she will show interest even in NPCs. She is the typical otome heroine alright. Kind of a horny jerk imo lol (Spoilers about Iris' love life I guess, you guys are warned)she will show interest in basically this NPC right ahead in the story with the intention of f*cking him explicitly, turns out he is a married man and will reject her, then she goes back to mr. Prince like nothing happened.

Contributor
My man, she will show interest even in NPCs. She is the typical otome heroine alright. Kind of a horny jerk imo lol (Spoilers about Iris' love life I guess, you guys are warned)she will show interest in basically this NPC right ahead in the story with the intention of f*cking him explicitly, turns out he is a married man and will reject her, then she goes back to mr. Prince like nothing happened.
?? That happened like tens of chapters ago. That's one of the reasons why I dislike her.

Dex-chan lover
That's my main complaint about this series. She's barely even a secondary character at this point. So the points where she treats him like he neglects her feel entirely appropriate, unlike where it would normally feel like she's unreasonably jealous or clingy.
The next big arc will have a huge development involving Kururi and Eliza. It's a long arc and from then on they will be stablished as the MC and FML.

The author has a big flaw in the novels (I still believe this is a great story don't take me wrong): he is a bit of a chicken, didn't really know how a relationship of the romantic type works in actuality or is simply lazy when it comes to romance.

Whenever there is a romantic development event he will try to speedrun the whole thing with vague descriptions and jump from point A to point B. For example, some date between the two "they spent the rest of the evening talking passionately while walking hand in had for the rest of the evening". While instead as a reader you would want to actually read the damn conversations.

Dex-chan lover
?? That happened like tens of chapters ago. That's one of the reasons why I dislike her.
Oh yeah my bad. She's not gonna change however the prince will. He will have his redemption arc. I seriously stopped caring about Iris because she will become a secondary character after the next big arc (we'll have to go through some lame mini arcs first tho).

Contributor
Oh yeah my bad. She's not gonna change however the prince will. He will have his redemption arc. I seriously stopped caring about Iris because she will become a secondary character after the next big arc (we'll have to go through some lame mini arcs first tho).
The "otome game" setting was swept completely under the rug then. lol

Contributor
The moment he imagined Mikaru being a blacksmith prince after the boy expressed interest in blacksmithing, it was decided he's exactly going to be one.

Huh... before Kururi can deny anything about him and Iris some weirdo walks in on them...? Ah, right, that was an assassin. A weirdo assassin.

"My room's gonna get messed up!"
"Why is there such a show in my room?"
Bro, there's a lot of very bad things going on and that's what you're worried about? I guess that was supposed to be a gag, but it just fell flat for me. The actual hammer bonk action wasn't bad though.

Dude's lucky there's an innocent young boy who should be protected from traumatic sights or they'd have been even more violent with him. Based on the lack of blood I think they just knocked him out with a blow to the nape using the handle of the knife.

Users who are viewing this thread