Boy's Abyss - Vol. 14 Ch. 132 - The Rising Sun Inevitably Falls

Dex-chan lover
Lmfaooooo I knew she wasn't dead. There's no way. This undying demon woman can't die yet.

No shit, Reiji is gonna have to be the one to put her down somehow.

I mean, it would fit the edge-lord trash-tier style of this series, first off (don't worry, that's not an insult, even the mangaka and the manga itself know what it is and they own it) lol

Second, after all the shit Yuko's put Reiji through, directly and indirectly, who else could possibly bring her death to fruition without it feeling either empty or undeserved/unjustified. Obviously i mean to the one killing her lol I'm not saying her death would be undeserved or unjustified, she deserves it for sure, but who else deserves that honor more than Reiji?

She literally birthed him for the purpose of sharing her darkness with him and dragging him down with her and it took Esemori and Nagi to make him realize that he deserved better, even if it wasn't in the ideal or proper way lol

Sucks for Chako though, Gen got a decent outcome and outro for himself, all things considered, but Chako still looks like she's got a lot of suffering left to do before she can get her proper/deserved ending (though ReijixChako wouldn't be a bad ending tbf, but considering this manga, that's just too optimistic to be plausible lol).

As for Shiba-sensei.. yeah there's no way she's done yet, she still has a lot more crazy to give and spread to everyone else.

Based on how this chapter did the standard/obligatory "check-in on the characters" scenes/montage, it looks like we're starting a new arc next chapter.

I'm hyped to see how much deeper they're all gonna fall lol though, now that I think about it, Gen turning himself in and not being shown feels like it's either the end for his story, or it's just gonna be a while before we check back in with him. Since I still feel like we'll either get some visitation scenes or "Gen in jail/prison" scenes/arcs.

Who knows, maybe his dad will use his connections to get him out with a reduced sentence or dropped charge since turning himself in for murder and corpse disposal turned into attempted murder instead. That or both of them will kill themselves after learning Yuko survived yet another death lmfao

RIP for Esemori though, he's pretty much done, he also already gave us the biggest flashback arc we could have gotten since it covered both his, Yuko's, and Gen's dad's pasts.

Oh, now that I think about it, Chako and Nagi are probably gonna be at odds with Chako probably trying to fuck with her more now that she's alive and super bummed about it after she purposely tried to sabotage Nagi's career once already too lol

Dex-chan lover
I knew it, never believe a death in any manga if they dont show the corpse.

Dex-chan lover
Yuko will die in the hospital at the exact same time as Esemori. Watch.

Not a fan of how Reiji react. He should be more mature now. He managed to "save" Gen. He should be able to do the same with his mom. He needs to convince her to let her past go because thats the only thing holding her. Once she realize that and look forward toward the future with her son. She can die peacefully knowing she redeem herself.

Dex-chan lover
Technically Reiji could ask the hospital to pull her off life support with various reasons like not wanting to prolong her "suffering", unable to pay the fees to keep the life support etc.

I think the mother can never die since I think this story is about trauma and how pass down to next generation in this endless cycle, which perhap is the true abyss. so the mother represent trauma and the generational trauma and how it never disappear. it would never really disappear. it also explain the legend and the mom and rei both attempt to react the events from the legend.

Dex-chan lover
And ladies and gentlemen, she's still alive!
Might have to pull out the feather

Dex-chan lover
That’s the first big slip-up that makes me want to reconsider buying. Hoping it plays out well

Dex-chan lover
a little annoying but tolerable. At least the characters are getting a better understanding of themselves so they can make somewhat better (for their wellbeing) moves. As shown in Reiji have a clearer than ever understanding of his real feelings about his mother in this chapter. What'll he do next?

Free my boy Gen he ain't killed no one (just seriously attempted to). Seeing the mom in the hospital bed in critical reminds me of the grandma, taking care of his mom could be another anchor to the town and his life.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I fucking knew it.
Side note:
WHY WON’T YOU DIE
"Nanomachines, son. They harden in response to emotional trauma."

Not a fan of how Reiji react. He should be more mature now. He managed to "save" Gen. He should be able to do the same with his mom. He needs to convince her to let her past go because thats the only thing holding her. Once she realize that and look forward toward the future with her son. She can die peacefully knowing she redeem herself.
I think he's more so shocked by how she's survived a suicide attempt, vehicular manslaughter, and now a murder attempt.

Users who are viewing this thread