Boy's Abyss - Vol. 3 Ch. 20 - Confession

Dex-chan lover
Can we just see them escape and call it a happy ending? We all know shts about to go down now

Dex-chan lover
Let's be honest for a second here folks... we know deep down this train isn't going to Tokyo or anywhere really: dramatown is the only destination for them in this story... :(

Dex-chan lover
How unexpected and welcomed would a happy ending be, yet we all know deep down we long for more drama.

Dex-chan lover
That was kinda cute, I would love to see this two together but better not get my hopes up.

@Oculunus
All the drama and then a decent ending are the elements for a great story IMO, ending it in a nihilistic note after a very harsh story is just unsatisfying in most cases. Having your characters go through hell and then giving them an overly cynical or misanthropic ending rarely works for any product, independently of the author's skill, so let's hope there's at least a little bit of a light at the end of the tunnel for these characters.

This chapter isn't seems so bright when we all know it, the purpose of this chapter is just for giving "hope" for the character and the reader and then the author will surely crush these hope because it's Boy's Abyss.
Trust me.

Fed-Kun's army
I love the symbolism ! how Chako looked like a nun when confessing she run away, how their promes lookes like wedding vow,how Rei "left" the confession when he said he doesn't have anything else to say!

it's a very clear "symbolism" but it kinda hit hard on expressing how the characters feels!

Miv

Aggregator gang
this guy needs to iron his shirt no wonder he's so messed up

Dex-chan lover
It's interesting from an existentialist point of view, but MC really is a character that goes along with what everyone else wants him to do in his pursuit of meaning. He chooses to impregnate his teacher because it's what she wants from him, he chooses to go to school in Tokyo, and, hell, he'll even commit suicide because someone suggested it to him. The only thing he does want for certain is to leave the town, even if it will cost him everything

People talk about spineless MCs, but I'm not sure if MC is so passive because none of it matters to him anymore or if the only things he wants is to get out of this town

Notice: he doesn't tell her that he wants to die, has attempted suicide, has slept with his teacher and the author's wife. He instead removes the mask, which is ironic because he's saying the confession is over, and so he can lie about not wanting to reveal anymore

Contributor
Here's my prediction:
MC meets up with idol to talk suicide, they go back to her place to bang, hear sounds coming from the Husband/author's room, MC gets curious, peeks in, sees Chako getting railed.
Mr. Esemori notices he's got an audience, greets MC with a super casual "Yo", causing Chako to snap her neck to see who it is, locking eyes with MC, as they both realized the other party lied in this chapter after removing the veils.

Aggregator gang
I wonder if they'll actually make it out of the town. Chako probably will, but I don't know about Reiji. I feel like there are too many people that want him here.

Dex-chan lover
it's feels like reiji will suicide or die before they fulfil their promise to go to tokyo together

Chako is such a good friend that I almost want to ship them but the promise felt like a big death flag to Reiji.

Dex-chan lover
Well fuck. They didn't have nearly enough confessions. And now I'm guessing that they won't be leaving this town in one piece. At least, not both of them.

So...Chako is going to sleep with the author, isn't she? Also, I just noticed now, but Chako has huge boobs look at page 7.

Users who are viewing this thread