Brother Complex Onii-san, Kocchi Muite - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Fed-Kun's army
@tailor31415 but why would he? Because of relationship with student's guardian? But I think it wasn't mentioned that the student know who he kissed on the picture.

I actually kinda hate that part of society where kids would take photos of a teacher's private life and humiliate them like that. I mean, it's against the law for a teacher to take photos of a student without their permission, so why is it ok if a student does it?!!! ALSO, IT'S THEIR PRIVATE LIFE!! Students should stay the heck out of it😡 PS, both my parents are teachers so I know where this is coming from.

@doradora at least when I was in school, if a teacher was found gay the parents would petition to have them removed (successfully almost always) so that don't "corrupt"their children. homophobia is very rampant, even until today so I wouldn't be surprised if it still happens

Fed-Kun's army
@dirak ah yes I forgot about that fact, I've been reading alpha-omega manga where same sex relationship is the norm 😅 in the US, I think they're pretty open arm about that thing, but I wonder if it is still not accepted in Japan despite their many yaoi/yuri manga?

@doradora like in the english speaking community yao/yuri is often just seen as "something for girls" / "something for guys" respectively, and not actual representation of a gay relationship (despite many gay people, such as myself, consuming it). i think the existence of GL/BL in japan does some work to normalize it but i wouldn't be surprised if its largely ignored as "real gay". for instance, in terms of GL you can look at "Class S" relationships to see how legitimate gay relationships between young girls was treated as a "phase" & something to grow out of, when it is much more likely they were gay but pressured to conform to the early 1900s japanese hetero-normative culture. there's a few feminists from japan that write about this (吉屋 信子 notably).

basically, i think most the heavy lifting for gay relationships being normalized is done by the actual queer community in japan & things like this probably do very little, and there is still a long way to go

Man, this was going good until the damned the body is more honest line. No, it's responding to stimulus.

Users who are viewing this thread