Brothers Grimm’s Cruel Fairy Tales

Dex-chan lover
The art style is unique, I like it but I'm going to be honest I don't like how it's used, giving the silhouette a few outlines would be nice, also the pose could be better IMO it's a bit stiff(but if that what's the artist going it's alright) and expression could be better, since the model of the character basically got copy and paste every page making the expression distinct would really be wonderful.

is this like an adaptation of those kid's stories or does this do its own thing?

Aggregator gang
@KSHCKLD
I don't know if these are legitimate original versions or not, but at the very least they aren't nearly so far off as you might think
historically a lot of the "fairy tales" we know today came from stories like these, originally meant to prevent people visiting certain dangerous places (have somewhere from which most people who go there do not come back and some story will usually pop up as a caution against going there) or warnings about embracing and/or facing the cruelty of mankind
iirc 1001 nights is about a woman telling stories for the sake of saving her own life from the king who made a habit of having sex with a woman one night then killing her the next day, cinderella's step-sisters chopped off parts of their own feet trying to fit into the slipper, I vaguely remember one about a princess dancing based on a tale involving cursed shoes or some such that made it so the unlucky lady couldn't stop until she literally fell over dead, sleeping beauty wasn't awoken by prince charming's kiss...and prince charming was more like king old enough to be her father who raped her while she was sleeping then took away the kids she gave birth to...I think she woke up and he did marry her in the end, but probably mostly cause ya know, he took the kids in already anyways
lots of very dark tales, then the world moved on and either the truth behind the matter was learned or the truth if ever there was one was so long gone there was no need of the original tale anymore, but habits are hard to end, people didn't stop telling the stories, however, since the darker warning parts weren't needed anymore, they tended to be altered or outright removed, and thus the strange but happily ever after tales most people know today came to be

Users who are viewing this thread