Bungou Stray Dogs - Ch. 114 - resurrectio

Supporter
And here I thought this arc is already peak. It seems there will be more to come.

Dex-chan lover
I read the actual Crime & Punishment, highly not recommended.

In C&P the protag is very self-tortured and various characters die along the way (the 2 people he killed, and others). Like his life is shaped by their deaths? So like Fyodor’s ability to “transfer” his death (and thus survive) could be related to C&P’s thing about a tortured remorseless conscience… umm… idk where I was going with this… like people die and he gets to keep fucking around?

Or simply - Crime on him happens (he is attacked) resulting in Punishment to someone around him (death transfers). I’m talking out of my ass but if Steinbeck turns into grape vines because of Grapes of Wrath then it probably isn’t very deep…

But there’s a good summary of the protag that I think applies to Fyodor here: “He breaks what can be broken and yet does not break himself.”

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Transferring consciousness through his own blood
lsEYRVr.png

anyone who knows the typesetter, can you ask them to choose a different main dialogue font? it's really hard on the eyes and doesn't resize very well. much appreciated <3

Aggregator gang
I read the actual Crime & Punishment, highly not recommended.

In C&P the protag is very self-tortured and various characters die along the way (the 2 people he killed, and others). Like his life is shaped by their deaths? So like Fyodor’s ability to “transfer” his death (and thus survive) could be related to C&P’s thing about a tortured remorseless conscience… umm… idk where I was going with this… like people die and he gets to keep fucking around?

Or simply - Crime on him happens (he is attacked) resulting in Punishment to someone around him (death transfers). I’m talking out of my ass but if Steinbeck turns into grape vines because of Grapes of Wrath then it probably isn’t very deep…

But there’s a good summary of the protag that I think applies to Fyodor here: “He breaks what can be broken and yet does not break himself.”
I'm afraid we came to a different conclusion despite reading the same book.

In "Crime and Punishment," while it's true that the protagonist, Raskolnikov, commits murder and evades capture initially, his journey throughout the novel does not solely revolve around the deaths of the characters involved. Rather than being solely shaped by their deaths, Raskolnikov's internal struggle and the evolution of his conscience play a significant role in the narrative.
Initially, Raskolnikov rationalizes his crime with a theory of the "extraordinary man" who is above conventional morality. This theory is what he hints at in the article he releases, suggesting that certain individuals have the right to transgress moral and legal boundaries. However, as the story progresses, Raskolnikov's encounters with various characters and his own spiritual journey lead him to confront the weight of his actions.
Sonia (or Sofya), a hooker with a heart of gold, becomes a catalyst for Raskolnikov's awakening to the moral consequences of his crime. Her words, urging him to confess and seek redemption, resonate deeply with him, eventually leading to his decision to surrender himself to the authorities.

Fed-Kun's army
I don't know whether to overanalyse shit and then be slapped in the face by Asagiri because of a simple solution, or to underanalyse and then have my brain exploded.

Dex-chan lover
A bit late to the party, but welp, seems like Dostoyevsky might not be dead after all, courtesy of being a bodysurfer via blood.

That bastard just won't stay down, will he?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread