Buta no Fukushuu - Vol. 5 Ch. 19 - Those Who Should Survive

Dex-chan lover
honestly. at this point in the original these were like. good people compared to the others. of course still bad but lol

Dex-chan lover
Why would dumping eco-friendly thing illegal?

@asherdales
Pg.16: roasated -> roasted

Pg.25: Because of you guys the town people -> ?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Welp, capital ... we hardly knew ye. But we DID know that you were doomed from the start of the revengining. It's what happens to EVERY. SINGLE. GROUP. THAT. DOES. THE. MCs. DIRTY. WORK. Well, then again staying as punching bags for douche bags for the rest of your short life doesn't sound very good either, LOL.

Dex-chan lover
Welp, capital ... we hardly knew ye. But we DID know that you were doomed from the start of the revengining. It's what happens to EVERY. SINGLE. GROUP. THAT. DOES. THE. MCs. DIRTY. WORK. Well, then again staying as punching bags for douche bags for the rest of your short life doesn't sound very good either, LOL.
I can't wait for the one was
"Oh, yeah, I sent your sister a CD for three months free of AOL"

Dex-chan lover
Logistics wise, do you think dispersing to another low-key area would've been better? I can't imagine the nightmare coordinating that would be, but it's better than being sitting ducks. The dwarves old town may have been a good point to meet, or the razed elven encampment, or even the orc village that mc was staying in. Granted, those areas could've been investigated by the genocidal psychos, but better than being in the place where the princess disappeared.

Dex-chan lover
Logistics wise, do you think dispersing to another low-key area would've been better? I can't imagine the nightmare coordinating that would be, but it's better than being sitting ducks. The dwarves old town may have been a good point to meet, or the razed elven encampment, or even the orc village that mc was staying in. Granted, those areas could've been investigated by the genocidal psychos, but better than being in the place where the princess disappeared.
No. Just making a playful comment that everything the MC touches DIES ... well almost EVERYTHING. Besides, we're WAY past making logistical choices and full on into popcorn watching the fallout from getting revenge. I mean, even the villains are super comical and with their wacky powers and absurd back stories. My theory is that the whole class was a government experiment to see if you could push a normal boy into a homicidal psychotic who leave nothing in his path but death ... especially to the people that help him the most.

Dex-chan lover
If only they had treadmills, then the undead apocalypse could have been thwarted.

Dex-chan lover
More than standard "these are terrible people" reactions the classmates give, the flashback this time has kind of horrified me with both the upsetting methods of abusing innocents for profit (I didn't ever consider this kind of thing was possible), but also leaves me wondering if the hometown they all came from in our world isn't just as messed up as the classmates have been...

I know revenge stories are built on there being crappy people for us to root against as the lead gets revenge, but it feels like this series is about one guy, his dead sister, and the evil nightmare people that make up the rest of the world.

Dex-chan lover
If dude ever gets a power and its on some incredible hulk stuff, he's gonna be unstoppable

Fed-Kun's army
Maybe it just mean but the Zombies not look that strong.
The guy in the last page twice as big as the zombie.
If it dont have any supernatural powers just make the dead walk you can just push them down and crush/slice them up.
No armor too. It would be easy to just slice them up. Hell even with gardening tools you can just push them avay.

Fed-Kun's army
though it was minor i appreciated that the mangaka put in the foreshadowing that mc would let them go if they'd just been somewhat decent people, choosing the 3rd option. probably because they didn't have an overt hand in his sister's death.

Aggregator gang
though it was minor i appreciated that the mangaka put in the foreshadowing that mc would let them go if they'd just been somewhat decent people, choosing the 3rd option. probably because they didn't have an overt hand in his sister's death.
TL;DR: The redemption of a bully won't sit well with the target demographic, and the target demographic dictates everything.

That was never going to happen. Frankly, those pages were empty filler. This is, afterall a revenge story where a teenage MC gets revenge against a class of classmates where not a single person is decent. This is more catered to the demographic of young bullied shounen who doesn't have many other options to vent. A gratification project amongst many. Think isekai where lonely dudes get chicks, but instead, bullied victims get revenge. The constant here is isekai, meaning an environment outside of the one that allowed the victim to be put in a situation where he could be bullied, and instead, return the favor.

That brings me to my point:
The goal, the entertainment, the whole purpose of this manga is the gratification of revenge. That revenge won't be complete if the bullies aren't destroyed, in every sense of the word.
Look at villainess manga/manhwa, for reference. In those, the method of destruction takes the form of humiliation and the loss of purpose. In shoujo/josei, murder isn't AS prevalent, compared to those, and characters are explored more than they are here, but these types of stories GENERALLY (I used the word generally, which doesn't mean all) cater to their demographic. Not alot go the extra mile to create additional depth and shade to black-and-white characters. I doubt they could even if they wanted to, in my opinion.

A bit of a negative outlook on it, but with the rate of bullying ever-increasing in Japan (and everywhere else, but Japan is the focus here), that also means the target demographic will increase. It adds up.

Fed-Kun's army
TL;DR: The redemption of a bully won't sit well with the target demographic, and the target demographic dictates everything.

That was never going to happen. Frankly, those pages were empty filler. This is, afterall a revenge story where a teenage MC gets revenge against a class of classmates where not a single person is decent. This is more catered to the demographic of young bullied shounen who doesn't have many other options to vent. A gratification project amongst many. Think isekai where lonely dudes get chicks, but instead, bullied victims get revenge. The constant here is isekai, meaning an environment outside of the one that allowed the victim to be put in a situation where he could be bullied, and instead, return the favor.

That brings me to my point:
The goal, the entertainment, the whole purpose of this manga is the gratification of revenge. That revenge won't be complete if the bullies aren't destroyed, in every sense of the word.
Look at villainess manga/manhwa, for reference. In those, the method of destruction takes the form of humiliation and the loss of purpose. In shoujo/josei, murder isn't AS prevalent, compared to those, and characters are explored more than they are here, but these types of stories GENERALLY (I used the word generally, which doesn't mean all) cater to their demographic. Not alot go the extra mile to create additional depth and shade to black-and-white characters. I doubt they could even if they wanted to, in my opinion.

A bit of a negative outlook on it, but with the rate of bullying ever-increasing in Japan (and everywhere else, but Japan is the focus here), that also means the target demographic will increase. It adds up.
i get what you mean but if it was a choice by the mangaka it was a good one. just for the simple fact that it added more humanity to the otherwise revenge-blind hero of the story. i love that they're taking out these awful people btw, i am the target lol.

Aggregator gang
i get what you mean but if it was a choice by the mangaka it was a good one. just for the simple fact that it added more humanity to the otherwise revenge-blind hero of the story. i love that they're taking out these awful people btw, i am the target lol.
Hey, I'm not one to shame. Though, I suppose another way to express my point is that there was barely any setup to make that "third option" believable. That's all.

I'll believe it when they do one of those reveals where one of the girls (usually) who have yet to be given a face, show signs of being different from the rest, which would probably... be another abused and tortured character who effectively replaced the "Pig" in standing.

Users who are viewing this thread