Butai ni Sake! - Vol. 3 Ch. 20 - Final Act

Dex-chan lover
insert blinking white guy gif
You didn’t say it?
He didn’t say it?!

gaaaaaah, I guess that would have changed the genre but ahfhfkuyfjyr$,iyfjyrdkiyv

Dex-chan lover
Lowkey the let's start a theatre group felt like a proposal 💀

In any case, that was really sweet and im sad to see this story ending, I enjoyed seeing all the characters grow together ❤️

sniff well... that was extremely well written... as expected of Harasuno-sensei... my god the bromance was crazy... idk if this was made before or after she made ssmy or not but if so then it had a bit of influence here lol. If not then she saw the potential in her own work lolol

Dex-chan lover
sniff well... that was extremely well written... as expected of Harasuno-sensei... my god the bromance was crazy... idk if this was made before or after she made ssmy or not but if so then it had a bit of influence here lol. If not then she saw the potential in her own work lolol
It started later. SasaMyaa was her only series for years. It was a monthly event for me. “Ok, the 25th is on a Saturday, so if it’s not up on Friday it’s probably gonna be Monday…” sort of a thing.
She juggled 3 different series for years, on top of whatever she‘s dealing with regarding live action AND anime adaptations!

She doesn’t do things half-heartedly, either.

When I thanked her for realism in queer representation (the coming-outs, Kagi-kun’s ummm… awakening to desire) during a stream, she was really relieved that she had succeeded. She was worried.
I honestly think Hirano is intentionally aspec. Like, 80% sure. My wife (grey ace) is “Geez… yeah. This is relatable!” when I show her anything.

Point is, she’s a real workaholic. She doesn’t even have any assistants.

It started later. SasaMyaa was her only series for years. It was a monthly event for me. “Ok, the 25th is on a Saturday, so if it’s not up on Friday it’s probably gonna be Monday…” sort of a thing.
She juggled 3 different series for years, on top of whatever she‘s dealing with regarding live action AND anime adaptations!

She doesn’t do things half-heartedly, either.

When I thanked her for realism in queer representation (the coming-outs, Kagi-kun’s ummm… awakening to desire) during a stream, she was really relieved that she had succeeded. She was worried.
I honestly think Hirano is intentionally aspec. Like, 80% sure. My wife (grey ace) is “Geez… yeah. This is relatable!” when I show her anything.

Point is, she’s a real workaholic. She doesn’t even have any assistants.
Judging by how the artstyle improved in ssmy i thought so!! I agree about how Hirano is totally aspec tho, I relate with him so muchhhh... Harasuno-sensei is incredibly hard-working. NO ASSISTANTS?? That's insaneeeee

Dex-chan lover
Judging by how the artstyle improved in ssmy i thought so!! I agree about how Hirano is totally aspec tho, I relate with him so muchhhh... Harasuno-sensei is incredibly hard-working. NO ASSISTANTS?? That's insaneeeee
I’m over here like, dude… Love can be very different and still exist.

This series was good, but the subtext was actually kind of distracting.
I think the plot didn’t need it, and it may have divided the potential fanbases.
Not gay enough for the fu, too gay for the not.

a second read will be better, knowing what it is.

Also, with the other series, them being picked up by gene pixiv and gene, she was like “You know this is BL, right?” “Yes. It’s fine.” “Wat. Sure!”

Fed-Kun's army
Love that there was an epilogue to tie it all together, wonderful!

Wow, things sure went by fast in just one chapter. Not a bad ending though, I'm just glad it ended on such a nice resolution with the gang all together! Love that Asahi found such great happiness in his life, much deserved :')

Also I cannot lie, it is still impossible for my fujin eyes to not interpret those looks Imari gives Asahi as purely platonic lol. As much as I love BL developments I don't really mind how their relationship panned out though, the most important thing is that they remain together well into the future, possibly (probably) for as long as they live.

This was a delightful series, sensei is sooo good at depicting more serious, dramatic stories and it would be awesome to see more manga like this from her someday.

Thank you again times a million for translating this, I'm forever grateful to have gotten to read it till the end! <3

Dex-chan lover
Thank you again times a million for translating this, I'm forever grateful to have gotten to read it till the end! <3
I think she needs a lighter workload and some distance from pointedly queer stuff.
Then she’ll be able to write something more focused and less “slice of life”.
This scated the line between that and ensemble, story-driven drama.
Had real Kono Oto Tomare vibes, but less tight of a narrative.

Once Sasaki hits year 2 of uni, that series ends. Probably a bit into that, so they can be a campus couple for a while. Sasaki’s open door walk-in closet he lives in (considering how his coming outs went, and not being a people person I get not correcting people who say “girlfriend“. Who could be arsed when it’s not their business?).

HiraKagi I don’t know about timeline. Hirano is so unaware of what flags to fly and we have no idea where their relationship ends up, specifically.

point is, she will have a lighter workload and more room in the brain.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread