Can't remember the name of this manga/oneshot

As the title suggests, I read the first chapter of this manga and am not sure if it was a full manga or if it was just a oneshot and have tried searching for it so much. I remember a lot of the premise of the first chapter if that helps.

The chapter basically goes like this. Main character is this young blonde nun who has a brother that has the physical appearance of demon-esque creature. The two live at this monastery/church and the brother gets bullied often by other people while the sister stands up for him since he has a gentle nature while she is more physically aggressive. A priest in the church is somewhat familiar with the two as their parents are dead and there is a tale that they performed some ritual or whatnot to gain the powers of a demon in their child which is why the brother looks how he does. One day the bullies capture the brother and lock him in a cellar to bait out the sister and capture her to teach her a lesson. Flash forward a bit and the bullies are dead and the brother seemingly killed them so the sister tries to escape with him. The priest then confronts them and tries to kill and sacrifice the sister to gain demonic powers since it turns out she was the one that killed the bullies and not the brother. The sister ends up overcoming the priest and kills him with her awakened demonic powers since she got the powers while her brother got the appearance of a demon. Chapter ends with them leaving the church.

That's all I got. I really appreciate if someone is able to help me find this again.

@Syanindita
A oneshot just defines a manga/comic title that can stand on its own as a complete story or is completed with the single chapter.

It is common for oneshots to be released as pilot chapters for a series to gauge interest. Sometimes there are advertising oneshots for light novels. But most times oneshots are just random short doujinshis from twitter/pixiv artists.

@Syanindita to me a oneshot is self contained story. I view the other stuff as Afiaki mentioned a pilot or promo. I like oneshots, because they can often be used to present what ifs, ideas or a simple feeling. Serializations often are the authors answer or view of those what ifs or ideas or often are just stories to entertain. All are good, just depends on your mood on any given day.

Dex-chan lover
she got the powers while her brother got the appearance of a demon.

Damn. Sister is super lucky, brother has the worst luck ever.

@justforthelulz yup this is the one! Thanks so much for helping me find it. Sad that it turns out it was a oneshot and not a serialized manga since the premise was pretty interesting but still pretty happy to find it again.

Users who are viewing this thread