Caught by the Villain - Ch. 19

So desperate to show off her skills to the world, even if it means endangering many people as a result, despite how she clearly doesn't want to show off at all. Why am I supposed to root for Ignis?

Yea, he's a reckless ruler with no concern for someone else's opinion if it clashes with his own.
It's so heartbreaking with her talking about how she just wants to be with her family and he's busy making her life more difficult.
I just have to tell myself, that's how he's been raised to think and act, so he's stuck in his mindset.

No wonder he didn’t become the emperor the first time around.... this guy is too hot headed. He’s going to kill people just because they picked on Celestine? Seems a little extreme

Ah, so he DOES have villain tendencies. Makes things a little more interesting~

Love the addition of the meme at the end!! Buuut the Discord stuff is a bit excessive. It’s not so relevant for those not on the Discord, ya know?

LOL.

MC's thoughts:

p7v30oE.png

I have the same thought when I look at villains/villainess in stories. Especially when they're annoying. Like the fox girl in Mirac*lous Ladybug (I had to google her name cause I forgot "Lila").

But in this case, Ignis isn't as bad as Lila from Ladybug so I think he's fine. 🤔😂

His ending (along with his subordinates, like Rwan) seems quite sad.

FVb5g7C.png

THEN AGAIN, IT DEPENDS ON WHAT HE DID IN THE NOVEL. If he killed innocent and beloved characters or bystanders, then he would have deserved it. 🤔🤷‍♀️

Oh, and wow. HOW THE HECK DOES HE HAVE ACCESS TO OPENING THE GATES OF THE DEMON WORLD? 🤔🤔🤔🤔👀😯🤨

LOL.

MC's thoughts:

p7v30oE.png

I have the same thought when I look at villains/villainess in stories. Especially when they're annoying. Like the fox girl in Mirac*lous Ladybug (I had to google her name cause I forgot "Lila").

But in this case, Ignis isn't as bad as Lila from Ladybug so I think he's fine. 🤔😂

His ending (along with his subordinates, like Rwan) seems quite sad.

FVb5g7C.png

THEN AGAIN, IT DEPENDS ON WHAT HE DID IN THE NOVEL. If he killed innocent and beloved characters or bystanders, then he would have deserved it. 🤔🤷‍♀️

This seems straightforward to me. Celestine's interpretation of the original book is incorrect. Ilea is a power broker in a fight for the throne that will kill the loser. She's the original evil b and we're going to see upteen chapters of Celestine navel gazing before figuring this out. As of now, what started the original Celestine on his path to death was going to the academy and that was unavoidable. Celestine was going to meet Ilea either through Ignis or Letio, it doesn't really matter which.

Ignis needed Ilea as his only option to avoid death in the book and that's why he was obsessive about it. But, tough luck... Ilea didn't care and he died.

Now, he sees another option through the Evans house. He is a national hero. Ignis' first choice is his marriage to Ilea to make him a viable contender for the throne. But,if the price Ilea demands is too high his backup will be to expose Celestine's real skill. Then he will try to form alliances by showing his patronage of the Evans family and personal ties to its heir. That's why he will be obsessive in this iteration. Ignis' incentives are exactly the same in both versions of the story.

The detail is going to be whether Celestine is acting in the exact same role as the original story without realizing it, or, whether Ignis seeing her kill that demon caused him to realize he has an alternative to Ilea (and thus broke away from the original story).

Aggregator gang
So Ignis wants to kill them....?

And I honestly don't know why Selena thinks Celestine will come back........well he might if he gets jilted but still.

Users who are viewing this thread