Change the way to remove a title from our library list

So I found out how to remove a title from my reading list, and it is a very strange of doing it, the wording is completely wrong.

You click on reading, then from the drop menu, you select NONE, then click UPDATE. That does not explain how to remove it at all. The word NONE has nothing to do with removing the title from your list. It does not explain anything. The words delete or remove are very easy to understand.

The drop menu should have the word REMOVE at the bottom of the list. Then click UPDATE to remove it from your library list.

Or, where there is reading, star, add to list, continue, flag, upload, then a new option REMOVE could be added. Clicking REMOVE would bring up a new pop up menu, and it would tell you "Would you like to remove this from your library?" and you click YES or NO.

I hope the process to remove a title from your library list will be worked on in the future. Because NONE does not explain anything.

Last edited:
Upvote 3
Dex-chan lover
Thing is "none" is the default option. When you wanna go from none to, say, reading you use none. It'd be weird if it was "remove"

Now, imagine it was removed instead of none for a second. That means that every manga that you have no connection to is now considered "removed" which is weird, right? None makes sense, since it's sorta like the blank slate. no connection.

Remove only makes sense in the single context of removing something from your list, while "none" makes sense all the time, if just a teensy bit confusing

Dex-chan lover
don't UI designers have a conditional function to change text tho? like, if a title is not in your library, keep it as none, but if it is, change it to remove?
Oh that so? Guess I stand corrected :nyoron:

Thing is "none" is the default option. When you wanna go from none to, say, reading you use none. It'd be weird if it was "remove"

Now, imagine it was removed instead of none for a second. That means that every manga that you have no connection to is now considered "removed" which is weird, right? None makes sense, since it's sorta like the blank slate. no connection.

Remove only makes sense in the single context of removing something from your list, while "none" makes sense all the time, if just a teensy bit confusing
I'm with the OP on this issue. When you are on a title page of a manga that's not in your library, NONE as a reading status is illogical. You haven't read it, you don't have it in your library, there is zero need for a reading status of "None". You either add the title to your library, or read it without adding it, and you can then mark whatever status is appropriate for the title.

Once a title is IN your library, a reading status of NONE would mean that the title is in your library, but you are not currently reading it and/or it does not match one of the other reading status options. None, as a reading status, has no implied meaning beyond "In my library" so no one would understand it means "Toss this title out of my library."

Deleting a title should be it's own, separate command. Delete or Remove as an option in Reading Status would be totally clear in their meaning. None as a reading status is not clear, it's confusing.

Users who are viewing this thread