Changing page size in reader to custom size?

There are four settings for page size in the reader that are inconsistent and a pain to switch between for different series. Is there any way to change the size of the page so it's always at a specific ratio to the screen? Changing the zoom of chrome only changes the HUD, and not the page itself. I have a 28" 1440p and a 28"1080p monitor, but usually use my 1440p monitor.

Fit to container - Text is hard to read.
Fit height- seems to be the same as fit to container
Fit width- Too wide and really cumbersome to use.
No resize-My go to right now, however for series like Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi and a few others, the size is either the same as 'fit to width' or even goes off screen.

A personal preference would be for the page to take about 2/3 of the screen horizontally, with 1/6 empty spaces on each side. I use a script called mangaloader for other websites (doesn't seem to work on mangadex.org) and they let you use the "+" and "-" buttons to change the page size by small increments.

Any help or resources would be appreciated, also is there no search function for the forums? It's quite annoying to go through each page to see if this topic has been discussed before by anyone.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Kedipopo Maximum Container Width
2bf87dedb0.png

Custom title
Staff
Developer
The display fit settings are anything but inconsistent.

Fit to width: The image width is always at most 100% of the container width
Fit to height: The image height is always at most 100% of the container height
Fit to container: The image is fit to both width and height, meaning it's at most 100% width or height, whichever value is higher
No resize: Completely unconstrained, size depends entirely on the image's native dimensions

It's impossible for me to get into every single user's mind and figure out what their personal preferences would be for each of their monitors and the type of manga they're reading. Setting the maximum container width, like Plyk is showing, is pretty much the best I can do to give a simple enough setting for it. Depending on the case and the fit setting, you could also try to use your browser's native zooming function.

Users who are viewing this thread