Chari ni Norenai!

Group Leader
Wow, a Hideku manga I never knew existed! Thanks for this. He's all over the place with subject matter, but this is thankfully in his dumb goofy style and not 1-nen A-gumi.

So to contribute something useful, I can see why they left it out, but the title is more 'Can't Even Ride a Cheap Crappy Bike'. It's a little confusing, but chari is slang for bicycle (normal word is jitensha), and more to the point not slick pro bikes like the rich boy trashes. They're cheap heavy crappy probably fixed gear things you go shopping on. The most iconic form is the Mama-Chari, the 'Mom Bike', which is step through (no upper bar), has a front basket, plastic fenders, and rear rack on the back fender - basically the bike you see in every manga or anime that's not Long Riders, Mushishi Pedal, etc.

So the joke is that you'll regularly see Grandmas and little kids puttering around on these just fine (you can literally go from not being able to ride at all to riding one of these without training wheels in an hour), but these idiots can't manage it.

Group Leader
Screenshot_20240628-143712_kindlephoto-199733367.png
Actual (mama)-chari.

Okay, after ch 32, mama-chari is what they call a 'granny bike'. In a less comedy manga I would have called it a 'mom bike', but this is funnier.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread