Chi no Wadachi - Vol. 16 Ch. 139 - The Storm Passes

Fed-Kun's army
It may not apply to everyone, but despite all the fucked up things a parent might have done to you, its always possible to find a way to forgive them.

It's still fucked up she completely fucked her nephew's future. While it wasn't without "punishment", is this life that she's found herself in a punishment itself?
I believe it similar to the concept of Sin and judgement in a religious sense. People like to say you'll be judged for your actions by a higher power upon dying. I personally believe that higher power in this sense is your conscience and until you repent (not to some person in a box but to the people you've harmed) you'll never truly be absolved. More specifically, you'll still live with you judging yourself (consciously or subconsciously) and that will keep you in a perpetual state of negative thinking, mental illness, etc, that clouds your journey through life.

Building upon your first paragraph. You can always forgive your parents, and you can do it in a personal way that you express in your day to day life. Forgiving them doesn't have to be a verbal thing and it can show in simple ways by saying (using my personal situation as an example) "get some psychological help, not for me or even yourself, but for those you choose to still care about on a daily basis." I've forgiven my mother for the terrible things she's done to me not by saying it outright to her (she hasn't earned that since she hasn't been forthright) but by operating in a manner that I believe would make her proud if she wasn't clouded by so much turmoil she's unwilling to work through. Even if she doesn't or never sees it that way, as a child I perceived the good in her, that made me a kinder and more idealistic person, so I chose to forgive the ideal she once played in my life. I honor who she was to me positively in the past so I can empathically connect with others going forward in my life. In choosing the glass half full perspective when I have every reason to choose the opposite, I honor every part of myself (the bad in the blood, the bad I've internalized in day to day life, and all the good in those same veins of thought) and remain more whole than I could've ever deemed imaginable while I was living through my own personal hell.

Ultimately, we all have different life courses and no one way of living will ever be perfect for each of us. So choosing your own unique forgiveness that you find by analyzing your own life will never be wrong as long as you choose positivity.

Fed-Kun's army
"Thank you"?
I was expecting an "I'm sorry".
Whatever.
I see it as a "thank you" for allowing me the space to forgive myself inspite of all the terribleness I put you through.

Older generations are (fairly often) too proud to be honest emotionally. It's a lesson I believe the author is trying to let us recognize. Not everyone apologizes in the same way but being apologetic is still a feeling cast out and received.

The reason this isn't the end of the series is because we need to see where this situation takes Seiichi personally.

Fed-Kun's army
It should have ended with the son smothering the mother with a pillow
You've either got metric ton of work to do with your own familial ties or you were blessed enough with a positive family that this stories renditions of family is wholly foreign to your existence. Either way, I'm glad you've enjoyed this incredible series

Fed-Kun's army
imagine just how much better the mother's mental health would have been if the father wasn't such a dense idiot. imagine if he stood up for the mom every time the aunt was being a fucking bitch, or comforting her when the mother felt lost and alone. if the father could have helped been emotionally supportive or mentally present, she could have been this warm and caring to Seiichi. to all you reading this, don't be a father unless you can take some goddamn responsibility. true villain of the story, RIPBOZO you will not be missed
Homie, the dude most certainly wasn't there emotionally but he was there to provide monetarily. That's a male role ever present in all of our societies and the missing of key moments emotionally is a given while you're struggling in society to provide a comfortable place for your tribe. A comfortable place that you yourself aren't able to enjoy as much as you'd like since you're out creating it. Instead of picking and focusing on a bad guy, find the good.

He recognized his faults, helped the true victim (his son) and died shouldering decades of pain so as not to potentially inflict more of it. All while giving his son the key to potentially getting over the familial flaws for his son's sake. Think back as well, sure he didn't defend his wife, but she didn't stick up for herself either. At some point (and now we know for sure it was deep-seeded) she gave up on herself and if she can't express anything, how is anyone gonna understand anything?

Tl;Dr stop s******g on men as an easy out in life

Dex-chan lover
Chromaticum, ease up on the multi post responses for gods sake
EDIT
Chromaticum, all I said was to ease up on the multiple posts. That's it. And you proceed to try to use arm chair psychology on me and others here in the comments that completely misses the point and is completely wrong.
"I hope you don't focus on the bruise and actually choose to internalize" says you as your gigantic ego bruises easier then a rotting banana. Your attempt to put me in my place is just sad. Please just get off the internet you absolute joke of a person.

Stop projecting, deflection, gaslighting, adhoms and drop the self righteous attitude. And for gods sake stop huffing your own farts. You're not the intellectual you claim yourself to be, as seen in the comments. Your delusions of grandeur would be hilarious to witness, if you weren't so insufferably petulant. So get off your damn high horse before you face plant harder then you actually do in these comment sections.

And quite frankly, you are not worth the dignity of a full on reply directly.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Chromaticum, ease up on the multi post responses for gods sake
Don't tell me what to do. If you're gonna point the finger you probably have some reason to be pointing at yourself. Figure that out before you police others' actions.

Especially if you don't operate with enough of a forthright nature to even reply to me specifically. You just posted a random comment that I happened to see. By not doing so, and making a comment at my expense, it proves that you have a cloutchasers nature. I hope you don't focus on the bruise and actually choose to internalize

Dex-chan lover
fuck... FUCK... the cat is not dead...
This... hits wayyy to close man.... did not expected this

Dex-chan lover
fuck... FUCK... the cat is not dead...
This... hits wayyy to close man.... did not expected this
I dont get the cat stuff. Obv that's just a metaphor and the real cat they found was dead but what's even the point of the cat?

Users who are viewing this thread