Chi no Wadachi - Vol. 16 Ch. 143 - Smell

Dex-chan lover
Well seems likenthe conclusion is near.
Yeah, i'd say about 5 chapters. Just her going to the hospital, giving her last words, Sei reflecting on life, and then deciding what to do. Maybe fast forward a bit to show the conclusion of it all, depending on the intended ending.

Dex-chan lover
I think I kind of get it now 🤔
Maybe the author is showing the responsibility of an only child towards their parents when they grow older. (A theme I haven't actually seen anyone touch in a manga yet)

It was first parents duty to raise their child when they couldn't help themselves feed or walk around. And now, Seiichi's mother is in that state where she can't do anything on her own. It is his responsibility to take the guardian role.
And the question remains, "Will he makes things right?"
To forgive his mother's past sins and let her live a peaceful life till the very end.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know if the manga is getting canned, but I remember an interview where the author told that one of the recent volumes was actually only the ending of the prologue of the story.
I'm guessing the main character will become a serial killer or something like that and that will be the direction of the story.

Dex-chan lover
Is there no service to take care of elders in Japan? In my country, if old people live by themselves or the family members can't take care of her anymore, they can call a service to look out for them a bit and helping them with their daily routine.
Also as an only child with only my mom left, these chapters hit a bit too hard for me....

Dex-chan lover
I don't know if the manga is getting canned, but I remember an interview where the author told that one of the recent volumes was actually only the ending of the prologue of the story.
I'm guessing the main character will become a serial killer or something like that and that will be the direction of the story.
Nah man, i doubt he'd go for that. Maybe he means it more in a philosophical sense, like, after he loses the ties to his old life, he can begin anew (thus the 'prologue' of his life would end, and his life could finally, truly start)

Users who are viewing this thread