Chi no Wadachi - Vol. 17 Ch. 152 - Open Land

Group Leader
Damn, so he's finally free from his burdens and the series is also ending... Damn.

Dex-chan lover
I hope it ends with something catastrophically heart breaking. I aint following this shit for solace or bubbly lovely peace end. I am following tragedy mangas for what people call pain and agony. I am neither being cringy nor evil. I just want to see good depiction of tragedy and foremost I am sick and tired reading mangas with sunshine in the end of a long dark tunnel.

I hope he hang himself or drink bug poison or something devastating work too.

Dex-chan lover
It's been really slow and had some kind of gap for me. But now that his conflict is (kinda) over and the main cause of his dilemma is gone, it's getting quite nostalgic, reminiscing.

I can't remember the exact adjective for this feeling, but it's bittersweet and I'm actually glad I've read his story through and see him be finally at peace (hopefully).

Double-page supporter
Could’ve sworn this would go on for another 20-30 chapters since I recall that somewhere in the chapters of 100s it concluded the prologue. Whelp let’s hope it will end happy because the guy deserves it after everything he went through. Thanks for the translations.
I also expected this after that interview. Maybe he changed his mind and decided ending the manga earlier. I dont think you can have a hundred chapter prologue and end fifty chapters later, can you?

Fed-Kun's army
This has been a very enjoyable read, especially with how similar a lot of aspects are to Aku no Hana

Dex-chan lover
I hope it ends with something catastrophically heart breaking. I aint following this shit for solace or bubbly lovely peace end. I am following tragedy mangas for what people call pain and agony. I am neither being cringy nor evil. I just want to see good depiction of tragedy and foremost I am sick and tired reading mangas with sunshine in the end of a long dark tunnel.

I hope he hang himself or drink bug poison or something devastating work too.
Nah in my eyes you’re definitely being cringe. If you were to explain as to why you wish the story ends bitterly maybe i would somewhat agree.

I'm just glad this is ending next chapter the story dragged and now it's just over... meh

Dex-chan lover
Don't raise your expectations about Seiichi being alive in the final chapter.

Tomboy-chan dreamt about him in such a content and peaceful state in a far away town, but that can perfectly being a metaphor for Seiichi's paradise (religiously speaking, each person goes to a personal paradise or hell once they die based on their beliefs and deeds they have done in life. It's not a common place for good souls like the occidental paradise). But that's the thing: it's just a dream.

Seiichi may be dead, but at least his soul is at peace. And that makes it a "happy" end for him.

Or his head just got resetted and the faraway town is basically just a seaside house where he has somebody who took care of him and got fond of his lost soul, offering him a place to stay and work until he dies.

Group Leader
I teared up a little ngl its so good to see how every single character is assimilating what their life has become.

Users who are viewing this thread