Chiisai Boku no Haru - Ch. 28 - Give Me Courage

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

So much promise for this series but it really lost its momentum early on.
It's kind of off-putting that Atsumi Takeru put a 'Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia' scenario where there is a surgery right at the end of the series and makes it something dire and technically risks removing something that the couple loves together, but sadly that is just how the unpredictability of a manga series goes.
We'll see how things will conclude soon and any announcements from the creator.

Dex-chan lover
I stopped reading this manga in the first five or so chapters because it felt like it couldn't decide if it wanted to be a sports Manga with a romance side plot or a romcom with a sports backdrop. And it didn't seem good at either. Good to know 20 chapters later nothings really changed and it's just ending.

I haven't gone back to the previous chapters so feel free to just ignore me as the guy talking out his ass. But I usually try to give Manga I didn't vibe with another chance after they've had more than long enough to build a stride and determine what type of story they're trying to tell and how they want to tell it. The hope is that something in the chapter makes me want to go back... and nothing here does. That clutch win is neat I guess.

Dex-chan lover
It struggled to decide if it wanted to be sports or romance. Sometimes it’d be heavily romance focused and then the next it’d be sports only for a few chapters. I’d have preferred it to be romance focused because honestly if I wanted to read a volleyball manga, Haikyuu has it pretty much sorted

Double-page supporter
It struggled to decide if it wanted to be sports or romance. Sometimes it’d be heavily romance focused and then the next it’d be sports only for a few chapters. I’d have preferred it to be romance focused because honestly if I wanted to read a volleyball manga, Haikyuu has it pretty much sorted
It also didn't help that the sports parts had a lot of speedruns and timeskips

Dex-chan lover
It also didn't help that the sports parts had a lot of speedruns and timeskips
I always thoguht this was a romcom with a volleyball focus. I Agree even the sports back drop was time skipped alot removing any sense of struggle or achievement.

Dex-chan lover
the series shoot itself in the foot when... the confession shoot itself on the foot like half the length of the series and then (I think the author got sick) before having time to fix it, it went on hiatus for a while and the series tried to hard to be haikyu without the hard work and explanations that let that series work so well, also didn't had a romance that throw out the window until it remember that it was the key part of the series.

Dex-chan lover
I fear that the series conclusion was due to author's poor health. Remember that it was put once on indefinite hiatus for that reason.

Users who are viewing this thread