Child of God

Probably the strangest and most twisted manga I've ever read (although I haven't read many in this genre). The protagonist is just such an alien to the rest of humanity that it's chilling, especially with his weird beliefs. I think the manga does a great job of showing his detachment from the world in the way the scenes are illustrated and narrated.

Dex-chan lover
This one's twisted, no doubt about that, but the art and the story are both unique and captivating. A thought-provoking, one-of-a-kind dark short story.

Dex-chan lover
My gosh I thought this was gonna be the rise of a psychic to take over the world by creating a religion that worships him... this is just psychopath.

The main character is clearly based as the Antichrist. The childlike drawings make the atrocities much more disturbing. Another pro is that we can believe in even the worst abominations. With a more realist style we wouldn't even fathom to imagine that such a twisted man/thing exist as well as the horrible acts he did. By framing the story as a children tale the author manages to keep the suspension of disbelief working. Another degree of lecture would be that the childlike style represents the way the main character sees the world. Great manga, although I won't reread it often haha.

I had the misfortune of stumbling across this after many years. If you like f*cked up mangas, you're in the right place. This thing either leaves you mentally SCARRED or slightly aroused (you sick freak).

Users who are viewing this thread