Choujin X - Vol. 10 Ch. 51.2 - fragment, part 2

Dex-chan lover
Does anyone else think that the plot structure is kind of bad? IT feels like the plot was nicely introducing characters and story piece by piece but then after the time skip it's very abruptly "and then there we will have the final battle"
Sure there will probably be a decent chunk of the story after this upcoming battle but still the way the characters talk about it and how abrupt it is feels off.

Double-page supporter
Does anyone else think that the plot structure is kind of bad? IT feels like the plot was nicely introducing characters and story piece by piece but then after the time skip it's very abruptly "and then there we will have the final battle"
Sure there will probably be a decent chunk of the story after this upcoming battle but still the way the characters talk about it and how abrupt it is feels off.
we're really just in the calm before the storm, can't hang around here forever.

No, why would I think that? Everything in the story has been nicely leading towards this upcoming raid/battle (which btw. obviously wont be the final battle, I dont know why you'd even think that). And "abrupt" is also not a word I'd use here when the timeskip happened like 4 volumes before the current events, all leading up to this battle. Hell, we already knew a good chunk about the standstill between the apocalyptic cult led by an ex-nun war hero and local X-Men even before that. And if anything, I really like how Ishida fleshes out both sides of the conflict during these mundane settings by giving us insight into their schemes and plans, it all makes it feel like a really well naturally developed conflict.

There's another ongoing manga with a similar plot point about a looming apocalyptic event (CSM) where I'd 100% sign what you said, because that one really feels like the author lost the plot and doesn't know what to do with his characters.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread