Chounin A wa Akuyaku Reijou wo Doushitemo Sukuitai - Vol. 4 Ch. 17 - Assistance with Independent Study

Dex-chan lover
Things here are not as they seem, something is at play, and unsurprisingly it seems as though it may be related to Allen’s unique situation. It strikes me as odd he never once questioned how he wound up here, he never thought about the last moments of his life, and that sister he mentioned… Amy might just be her, this is a similar plot structure to another manga I’ve read, though where as in Otome Mob the story revolves around two people with knowledge of the world who have intentionally acted in their own self interests. Here it seems to be the opposite, people with knowledge of the world acting in the interest of others. At least if Allen is anything to go by.

Anastasia is acting funny too, the way things are progressing, is the event Allen has been preparing his entire life for even going to happen?

Dex-chan lover
Things here are not as they seem, something is at play, and unsurprisingly it seems as though it may be related to Allen’s unique situation. It strikes me as odd he never once questioned how he wound up here, he never thought about the last moments of his life, and that sister he mentioned… Amy might just be her, this is a similar plot structure to another manga I’ve read, though where as in Otome Mob the story revolves around two people with knowledge of the world who have intentionally acted in their own self interests. Here it seems to be the opposite, people with knowledge of the world acting in the interest of others. At least if Allen is anything to go by.

Anastasia is acting funny too, the way things are progressing, is the event Allen has been preparing his entire life for even going to happen?
You know, when I first read "The World of Otome Games is Tough for Mobs" aka Mobuseka, I thought it was a great, unique story, but it turns out that a lot of isekai stories involving otome games have similar templates, aka the villainess is actually the good person and a mob rises to power. I can't name other titles, but that's the feeling I get.

Waaaay too many parallels between this manga and Mobuseka. Villainess is a good person, gets deposed by the otome game's female protag, who is actually another person reincarnated, likely related to the male MC, who, like in Mobuseka, was forced to clear otome games for his bratty sister. Next thing you know, Amy is actually the male MC's isekai'ed sister. (speculation). I mean come on, the whole duel challenge (Angelica in Mobuseka threw her glove, so did Anastasia) in which the prince steps forward to fight in Amy's place. Male MC of both series go adventuring for cheat items to overturn their fate before entering school. Both Anastasia and Angelica have a deep interest in adventuring/dungeons.

Dex-chan lover
You know, when I first read "The World of Otome Games is Tough for Mobs" aka Mobuseka, I thought it was a great, unique story, but it turns out that a lot of isekai stories involving otome games have similar templates, aka the villainess is actually the good person and a mob rises to power. I can't name other titles, but that's the feeling I get.

Waaaay too many parallels between this manga and Mobuseka. Villainess is a good person, gets deposed by the otome game's female protag, who is actually another person reincarnated, likely related to the male MC, who, like in Mobuseka, was forced to clear otome games for his bratty sister. Next thing you know, Amy is actually the male MC's isekai'ed sister. (speculation). I mean come on, the whole duel challenge (Angelica in Mobuseka threw her glove, so did Anastasia) in which the prince steps forward to fight in Amy's place. Male MC of both series go adventuring for cheat items to overturn their fate before entering school. Both Anastasia and Angelica have a deep interest in adventuring/dungeons.
I find the difference between the MCs to be interesting, while I love Leon’s absolutely jackass persona, and him being in it mostly just for himself only to grow and start caring about the others.

Leon is a very selfish person who only ever does what he does because he feels like it, or because the people he’s doing it to have pissed him off in some way… he kinda reminds me of Ross Scott’s Gordon Freeman from “Freeman’s Mind” if anyone gets that reference.

Here in this series our MC Allen is genuinely only doing what he’s doing because it’s the right thing to do and he wants to help those he cares about. Allen is powerful because he worked for that power just to keep those he cares about, and who he’s growing to care about safe. Leon is powerful because he knew the easiest road to power, and his arc is about learning how to control that power while not allowing it to cause those he cares about harm. Two very different characters but placed in very similar situations, albeit in Leon’s case the FMC of the otome game is a good person, while the main problem he’s facing is someone else usurping her place.

Here in this story it’s different, the FMC Amy is genuinely the bad guy, replaced by someone else who took over her life and doesn’t care about anyone except for herself. She’s a different character when compared to her counterpart in Mobuseka, while there she’s just a dumbass, here she’s a genuine threat who wants to see others suffer.

I think these changes alone give this series a unique identity, and have made me interested in seeing how it evolves and changes in the future. Plus Angelica and Anastasia are different characters, it may be a slight difference, but it’s enough for me to differentiate them.

Dex-chan lover
Anastasia is acting funny too
Yeah, that's the moment we've probably all been waiting for: Anastasia growing into a human being and showing us a variety of facial expressions never seen before.
That's some expectable character development, but a welcomed one. Bye bye, Cyborg Kleiner von Ramslet. Welcome, Anastasia-Sama.:giggle:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Anastasia and Allen slowly getting a grasp of each other's true potential is really heart-warming. We can only rejoice in whatever their fellowship may produce in the future... 🥂

Dex-chan lover
Anastasia and Allen slowly getting a grasp of each other's true potential is really heart-warming. We can only rejoice in whatever their fellowship may produce in the future... 🥂
Agree with this. The funny thing is that even on the test results they don't show Allen's last name. You'd think even a commoner would have a last name even if it was simply their current job "the adventurer" or son of so and so, or of Centralia city ectera.

I feel bad since Allen has no one to talk to at school and he's just a shadow.

Dex-chan lover
I guess it's one of these fantasy worlds where having a last name is a privilege reserved to the upper class... :unsure:

Sad for Allen being a school outcast too, but here is the bright side of the coin : at least he could masterfully take advantage of being left in the shadows to carry out his plans unbothered. Maybe being the Invisible Mob even boosted his Concealment skill just like Meleoron in Hunter X Hunter :ninja:

Last edited:
Contributor
Was that Amy smirking on page 6? A two-faced character, eh?

It's mildly interesting how the artist tries to make a more equal representation when it comes to fanservice nudity in this manga, and even the guys are made sure to have nipples (hell, even the orcs in previous chapters had such details too...)

"To avoid uncontrollable situations, it's probably best to follow the game as much as possible"
Says the guy who IMO already derailed the game years before by taking as much useful rewards as possible from quests.

Amy seems like she knows where to look for the right stuff. Given the cues so far including the protagonist himself noticing, I don't believe she's just an ordinary commoner from that world anymore. It's looking way more likely she's a reincarnator like him, but he already beat her to the punch for a lot of useful stuff.

"The reason is unclear, but..."
No, I think it's clear enough from all the changes he's done in the past. Butterfly effect and all that.

Dex-chan lover
Was that Amy smirking on page 6? A two-faced character, eh?

It's mildly interesting how the artist tries to make a more equal representation when it comes to fanservice nudity in this manga, and even the guys are made sure to have nipples (hell, even the orcs in previous chapters had such details too...)

"To avoid uncontrollable situations, it's probably best to follow the game as much as possible"
Says the guy who IMO already derailed the game years before by taking as much useful rewards as possible from quests.

Amy seems like she knows where to look for the right stuff. Given the cues so far including the protagonist himself noticing, I don't believe she's just an ordinary commoner from that world anymore. It's looking way more likely she's a reincarnator like him, but he already beat her to the punch for a lot of useful stuff.

"The reason is unclear, but..."
No, I think it's clear enough from all the changes he's done in the past. Butterfly effect and all that.
I think he means that he shouldn't engage in Amy's path anymore than necessary. But as you pointed out his mere presence is a new variable that will have effects on all future events and his prep work of taking items meant for Amy will have consequences in the long run for Amy's path.

Users who are viewing this thread