Chounin A wa Akuyaku Reijou wo Doushitemo Sukuitai - Vol. 5 Ch. 23 - Coming home after a long time

Dex-chan lover
I don't remember if he knows the king's personality ahead of time buuuuut...dudes an even bigger dick than his son.
i don't think he does since he's not even wary of him but if that's the case then regicide it is lmao

Dex-chan lover
I think a lot of people have a misunderstanding about nobility in those types manga where we deal with an heavily romanticized vision of nobility, laws don't apply to them and honor is the last of their worries as long as they stay in power, nobody will give a fuck if the Prince and his gang send a band of soldiers to slaughter MC family and friends in broad daylight and at the end of the day the word of the king is law and any opposition is criminal, FL family might be insulted but what are they going to do ? start a civil war over a peasant ? nobody is gonna help them for that, heck some of their allies might even seize to opportunity to sell them out for some favor with the future king (the prince) like any good politician.

Nobility in Europe (like most of those mangas are based on and it's the only one i have knowledge about) was nothing like portrayed in media, they had no "honor" or "values", the closest thing they had was religion and all they add to do is send money to the clergy and they'd get a "God says it's ok to commit this horrific crime against humanity" freepass, let's not even talk about knights (and other warrior aristocracy) whose only difference they had with bandits is that one had a state license to act like thug.

Nothing against you but a friendly reminder that Nobility is usually above the law and at the end of the day they could do whatever they want to MC and all people would say is "shouldn't have opposed a noble" and continue their day working to pay for food.
to add to that. mc wasn't repesentative of duke. he is the repersent of duke's DAUGHTER. and on a whim in a school too, duke can very lightly go "he piss of the prince wasn't my problem" and mc got shank after that.
it why the next chapter the duke HIMSELF actually promise to sponsor MC that he can feel safe go back to school and left his mother ALONE cause you know she absolutely going to be target.

Group Leader
Look at a map of Britain and you'll see Essex, Wessex, Sussex, Middlesex. There's no Nossex, but there is Northumbria. The naming in that sense isn't bad.
Haha fair point. I just did a double take when reading the WN and realizing the naming style.

Group Leader
MC was shit talking in the prevous chapters. The translation didnt convey it well but talking down to royalty as a commoner is possible grounds for lese majeste.

So he's concerned for retribution not for the duel, but for what he said.
Well the prince is also a dick so he mightve decided to kill him either way

Dex-chan lover
While normally you'd be correct, let's put some context on this:
This was an arranged marriage between a Duke's daughter and a crowned prince that, was in a relationship with a woman that was not his bride-to-be, the Duke's daughter, and even wanted to have a fucking duel with his fiancee. And who we know from Allen was going to annul their engagement without about as much grace and planning as "I want to be with this chick instead so I'll just publicly say that our engagement is annulled without any input from my father" and who even planned/hoped the Duke's daughter would end up ruined and disgraced from such a public thing.

...A prince that does that is retarded enough to engage in petty vindictive shit against a commoner that has the Duke's favor/backing. Because if he was willing to do that to a Duke's daughter, this guy wouldn't even rate in his feeble mind.

It's also not a known factor to the MC that he favor of the Duke yet. He insulted a crowned prince that was willing to murder the Duke's daughter in a duel (as a second, no less, she didn't challenge him). He doesn't really have much to base his faith and hopes on that the Prince and his retinue of retards won't try shit. Because they're that dumb and brazen.

I can completely agree with that. The only issue I have left, is that the MC phrased retribution from the prince, as "execution".
I.E: An official matter, which would indeed make no sense.
But, a brainless vindictive person taking on extreme, personal measures to appease their ego? Yeah, I can get that.

Maybe it's a translation issue or something. Either way, it'd be nitpicking. The MC is fearful of the dumbarse prince's retribution, which is sensible.
What I can argue about, though, is that I think it'd make MUCH more sense for the MC to reach out to the duke's daughter first, for aid, rather than just run away and isolate himself in the process.

P.S: Regarding education (France example), and vindictive rulers -- seems like I have more history to read up. You can still argue about context, but whatever. Let's put it to rest here.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter! Thanks for doing a great job on this!

Satisfying conclusion to that duel - as satisfying as the MobuSeka duel. But another good thing is this one has no chance to turn into a harem which in its own way a good thing in one or two ways.
So I guess Allen is on his way to become Anastacia's personal retainer (or knight) and will be groomed/trained to soon be a minor nobility (though yeah, maybe his father or mother is a noble after all). Good thing he sided with a duke's daughter.

PS: the butler looks like his taken japanese yen bill or something.

Dex-chan lover
Yes but that assumes the prince and friends don't spin the story to make themselves look better.
Regardless of the Prince twisting the truth, even if that did happen both in the original game timeline, or this new one, he still ordered the bandits to kill/kidnap Anastasia out of retaliation for her challenging him. Allen made him look like more of a fool than anyone has ever done before, and he’s a commoner to boot.

It stands to reason the prince would do the same thing again, if not worse because of his bruised ego. In the original timeline the hit he ordered on Anastasia was done secretly and through dark channels, it wasn’t an official act by the kingdom. Seeing as that was the case, Allen has a lot of reason to believe he would be facing some form of retaliation for his actions. So he left secretly and returned home, waiting for something to happen before he saves both his mother’s and his own lives.

Dex-chan lover
Regardless of the Prince twisting the truth, even if that did happen both in the original game timeline, or this new one, he still ordered the bandits to kill/kidnap Anastasia out of retaliation for her challenging him. Allen made him look like more of a fool than anyone has ever done before, and he’s a commoner to boot.

It stands to reason the prince would do the same thing again, if not worse because of his bruised ego. In the original timeline the hit he ordered on Anastasia was done secretly and through dark channels, it wasn’t an official act by the kingdom. Seeing as that was the case, Allen has a lot of reason to believe he would be facing some form of retaliation for his actions. So he left secretly and returned home, waiting for something to happen before he saves both his mother’s and his own lives.
Yeah I agree. Allen heading home was somewhat smart as he should have been preparing for retaliation since he has more knowledge of the city as a adventurer and commoner not just mopping around being worried.

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand why he's expecting such dire retribution, such as execution.
He was literally the representative of a Duke's daughter. Duke. That's almost the highest ranking in the noble-hierarchy. If royalty would go for his head, it'd be a direct disrespect to the Dukedom of the kingdom. That's fucking stupid. Am I missing anything here? It's not like the MC tossed a rock at them out of nowhere, it was an official duel, for the honor of an extremely high ranking noble for fuck's sake.
You mean, not counting the already direct disrespect to the Dukedom of the kingdom by cheating on his daughter with a lower ranked noble? Allowing said lower ranked noble to disrespect her without consequence? And even taking the side of said lower ranked noble when that daughter rightfully challenged her to a duel FOR disrespecting her higher ranked family?

I'm more confused why you think the commoner MC shouldn't expect some kind of retribution even AFTER they were clearly trying to kill him in the official duel where one of the rules of that duel was to not kill the other party and the only reward from their side was to apologize for the show of disrespect and not any protection for him.

Double-page supporter
I think a lot of people have a misunderstanding about nobility in those types manga where we deal with an heavily romanticized vision of nobility, laws don't apply to them and honor is the last of their worries as long as they stay in power, nobody will give a fuck if the Prince and his gang send a band of soldiers to slaughter MC family and friends in broad daylight and at the end of the day the word of the king is law and any opposition is criminal, FL family might be insulted but what are they going to do ? start a civil war over a peasant ? nobody is gonna help them for that, heck some of their allies might even seize to opportunity to sell them out for some favor with the future king (the prince) like any good politician.

Nobility in Europe (like most of those mangas are based on and it's the only one i have knowledge about) was nothing like portrayed in media, they had no "honor" or "values", the closest thing they had was religion and all they add to do is send money to the clergy and they'd get a "God says it's ok to commit this horrific crime against humanity" freepass, let's not even talk about knights (and other warrior aristocracy) whose only difference they had with bandits is that one had a state license to act like thug.

Nothing against you but a friendly reminder that Nobility is usually above the law and at the end of the day they could do whatever they want to MC and all people would say is "shouldn't have opposed a noble" and continue their day working to pay for food.
Small correction: Rotten nobility were like that. During the start and middle of Middle Ages, nobility were mainly warriors. So they had a military mindset. A bit of honor, but order and rules above all. They were also heavily religious for the most part (I mean, they did the crusades. Some looked for wealth, but most searched for a place into Heavens). Though because of this military mindset, mercy wasn't a big point. Duels were often to the death.

The problems started at the end of Middle Ages and during Renaissance/Modern era. Nobility stopped being involved in wars by themselves (and lost the military mindset as well as the duty of nobility (noblesse oblige)) and the church became heavily corrupted and radical (among other: it was the time of the inquisition and witches burning. While there were witches burnings before that, they were quite uncommon).

A good example of the change: the jester. It progressively disappeared during the end of Middle ages. Jesters, outside of entertaining the nobles, also served as someone that shouldn't be punished. So he delivered the bad news, criticized the nobles and served as a devil's advocate (for those not knowing: it means giving an opinion going against the lead. It comes from the Church: it's an official position where each time someone is through the process of sainthood, the devil's advocate tells why the nominee shouldn't become a saint).

TL;DR: Nobility during most of Middle Ages had a bit of honor but where quite thorough about rules, promise and order. It's during the end of Middle ages and after that that nobility became truly rotten

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand why he's expecting such dire retribution, such as execution.
He was literally the representative of a Duke's daughter. Duke. That's almost the highest ranking in the noble-hierarchy. If royalty would go for his head, it'd be a direct disrespect to the Dukedom of the kingdom. That's fucking stupid. Am I missing anything here? It's not like the MC tossed a rock at them out of nowhere, it was an official duel, for the honor of an extremely high ranking noble for fuck's sake.
He publicly humiliated the crown prince who's an idiot along with 4 other sons of powerful nobility from other kingdoms. They mentioned accidentally killing Allen in the duel. The mage literally threatened Allen's family before he was knocked out. Meaning that would happen after the duel. So yeah Allen has a right to be worried.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter.

iu

SEBAS!
If I had one nickel each time a competent butler was named Sebas, I'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice.
Well, maybe even more than twice actually... My anime culture is not perfect. :meguusmug:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Yes it was an official duel but it was also a duel that Anastasia was literally forced to compete in after being framed. The prince and his cronies don’t play fair at all.
And I'm a bit disappointed about Anastasia missing here a superb opportunity to stop being a glorified wallflower...

I haven't read the novel, so after episode 22's cliffhanger I could only bet on what was going to happen next...

And I was pretty sure Anastasia would use her magic to deploy an instant blast-proof ice wall between Allen and DoucheKarl, pulling a magnificent and dignified NOPE on the latter. But well, there we are... :pepehmm:

Well, you could reply that she isn't direct part of the fight, that's treason, yadda yadda. So what? Is the opposing party playing fair after all? It would only have been justice IMHO.

Maybe it's simply not her personality. Let's hope at least that tactical miss will turn into a strategic win in the future... But for now, this story has more missed opportunities than the whole summer of 1944 on the European front.:pout:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The legendary Faceboob attack, an isekai protagonist's only weakness
Except that Monica has pulled that stunt on Allen so often during his whole childhood that he basically may have grown immune to it by now.
Which is not a bad thing, as at least he won't die from a massive nosebleed the day Anastasia will come too close :huh:

Group Leader
And I'm a bit disappointed about Anastasia missing here a superb opportunity to stop being a glorified wallflower...

I haven't read the novel, so after episode 22's cliffhanger I could only bet on what was going to happen next...

And I was pretty sure Anastasia would use her magic to deploy an instant blast-proof ice wall between Allen and DoucheKarl, pulling a magnificent and dignified NOPE on the latter. But well, there we are... :pepehmm:

Well, you could reply that she isn't direct part of the fight, that's treason, yadda yadda. So what? Is the opposing party playing fair after all? It would only have been justice IMHO.

Maybe it's simply not her personality. Let's hope at least that tactical miss will turn into a strategic win in the future... But for now, this story has more missed opportunities than the whole summer of 1944 on the European front.:pout:
MCs magic was just faster than hers. Wind is a pretty quick element after all

and technically , the prince didn’t forfeit so the match was still going

Dex-chan lover
MCs magic was just faster than hers. Wind is a pretty quick element after all
Yeah, mainly because Allen worked hard on himself to get proficient. ;)

Meanwhile, it's like at some moment, Anastasia was given the choice of levelling up, either her ice magic, or her resting bitch face and her Zettai Ryouiki. And I guess at that point, we all know what she went for...
screen10.png

Heh. Life is all about decisions and priorities... :smugnako:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Allen's also gotten some pretty powerful magic scrolls in his prep time. So he through scrolls and training has naturally has the faster cast time.
Yeah, mainly because Allen worked hard on himself to get proficient. ;)

Meanwhile, it's like at some moment, Anastasia was given the choice of levelling up, either her ice magic, or her resting bitch face and her Zettai Ryouiki. And I guess at that point, we all know what she went for...
screen10.png

Heh. Life is all about decisions and priorities... :smugnako:

Users who are viewing this thread