Chuusotsu Worker kara Hajimeru Koukou Seikatsu - Vol. 5 Ch. 19 - Beginning of the Winter Vacation

Dex-chan lover
Two emotionally broken people trying to use each other to avoid facing their problems, yup, nothing bad's gonna happen here.

@cillbosby As someone who has been literally been through both of those situations of the two protagonists, lemme tell ya it takes a bit. I feel like both of them have made a ton of progress, but are still figuring out how to be each others support. Hey those bumps in the road are how ya learn!

Dex-chan lover
@xpurehavock
Indeed, its not exactly the ideal situation to be with at the moment but it is helping them for now.
Definitely bad if it stays like this though and it might be the reason they break up.
If they can change their relationship so they support each other to face their lives instead of running from it then it will be good.

Dex-chan lover
That as long as I have you thing ain’t giving good vibes peeps, y’all running away from problems instead of overcoming them

Dex-chan lover
Their being to dependent to each other especially the girl.

It feels like it’s one of those they need to leave each other to make their individual life better kind of romance of course the question is if they’ll find another lover or meet again when they are a lot better and they’ll have a far less toxic relationship.

jak

Contributor
Oh fuck off Arata. Her not finishing an assignment as early as she usually does because she wants to see her boyfriend is not bad. It's funny, he notices this, but didn't notice the years of molestation.

As for the main 2, considering what they have been through and that this is big first relationship for both of them, I'd like to see them get through it and become better people while dating each other. I'd hate if they dated and then aren't together in the end.

Dex-chan lover
I dunno. Some of the very modern self-help-speak in the comments here turns me off. If you have very bad things, and then you also have a very good thing, it is a refuge from the very bad things and it does help a whole lot. I don't see why it should make it better to pretend otherwise. Sure, there's reasons to tell her about how things are--but then, he's done that if I remember right. There isn't so much reason to bring it in all the goddamn time. Better to create some experiences that are not about that stuff. And depending too hard on a single person has drawbacks, but it's sure as hell better than having nobody.
It has always been my belief that wallowing in the bad things in your life, recounting them, exploring them and so on, over and over, can do more harm than good. And research into memory suggests to me that I may have been right about this: The more often you recall something, the stronger the links/pathways to that recollection become, meaning it becomes easier to recall and more prone to being invoked in connection with more things. Face stuff, come to a rough accounting of it in your head, and then try to move on.

And as a lifelong romantic who has always found that strong pair-bonds (including my marriage of 23 years) have made my life immeasurably better, I think the fear of codependency or whatever the buzzword for similar concepts these days, is partly a fear of commitment and trust. I feel our society makes it hard to commit to people and really trust them (and indeed in some ways makes it hard to be trustworthy). But if you find the right person, you can, and it's not a bad thing; it can make you stronger rather than weaker. Inevitably it's going to mean putting your trust in and relying on someone who's imperfect and has weaknesses, but if everyone does their best it can work out anyway.

Meanwhile, manager is awesome.

G-P

Dex-chan lover
Damn. I would read a manga about boss alone.

every guy character in this manga just gets punched and their problems are solved, its starting to get old.

Users who are viewing this thread