Cleopatra and the Iron Cross

@RayReignAladdin When a new group is going to translate it.
"If you want me to do the first chapter of a series or something, just let me know."
That's what Semi-Hemi-Demi Scans is doing. They just translate the first chapters to make people aware of manga.
I only wonder, why no one has picked it up yet, because it's made by Manabe Jouji.

@Flerrocks
Probably because it's made by a known h-artist that most of the translation groups purposefully avoid it, the manga features the overplayed stereotype of 'da ebil nutsies' as the good guys and Cleopatra not being diverse enough, to name a few.

Group Leader
@lolnope Can't have your local readers insert themselves into the story if the characters aren't a shade of color close to Japanese skin. The closest you will ever see is racist stereotype or dark-skinned Gyaru.

Fed-Kun's army
@lolnope
The Ptolemaic dynasty was descended from the Macedonian Ptolemy, one of Alexander the Great's generals. After Alexander died, his conquered territories (of which Egypt was one) were split up among his surviving generals, most of whom started fighting against each other, dividing the Kingdom of Macedon into independent countries. The dynasty mostly married other Macedonians, and even practiced inbreeding. A fun little read on sibling marriage: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ptolemaic_dynasty#Inbreeding_and_health

Dex-chan lover
Ah, Manabe Jouji always always delivers.

@lolnope, still Greeks and you would not call Mediterranean people "dark skinned" as that composes the whole of the Med from Iberia to Anatolia as well the Sahara, there are differences but look at a Greek or a Turk and say they are black.

Group Leader
Sorry for the delay, everyone!
As I stated in the chapter's comments, this v2 release is because we are using the raws from the tankobon release of this series.
This means that there was content that was missing (10 extra pages just in Ch. 1 alone), translations that were adjusted, and artwork improvements.
Chapter two should be coming out soon, so keep an eye out for it!

Also, quick plug, but if anyone is willing to assist us in translating or cleaning this series or any other that we (or SHDS), please contact us either via our DMs or Discords that were linked at the end.
Hope you all enjoyed~!

Nice to see this manga is finally getting translated.

@HDMI1 Stereotyping comes natural no matter where, dismissing something that comes natural to humanity as mere 'self insert' is stupid and ignorant, nothing more than parroting the informational bias you see and read on liberal social media.
@lolnope Egyptians, or anyone living in North Africa for that matter, do not originate south of the Nile, and the Japanese (and everyone else with a brain) certainly don't need any type of homework to understand something so simple.

Contributor
Remember this author, is the one behind Caravan Kid (and other very old titles), a manga that i read around 20 years ago, glad he back into serialization.

Users who are viewing this thread