Confession Attack - Ch. 1

BCS

Dex-chan lover
They are both wearing slippers with socks on.

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes, the typical "Asian parents comparing their children" culture, honestly, I feel bad for both of them.
Yes, this. That exchange over the phone was just so painful, especially considering, that she was always second, and only because of him.
Because they are both competing with each other, it's impossible for them both to be first (save for ex aequo). So the mother's wish is logically wrong, and harmful.

Dex-chan lover
Yes, this. That exchange over the phone was just so painful, especially considering, that she was always second, and only because of him.
Because they are both competing with each other, it's impossible for them both to be first (save for ex aequo). So the mother's wish is logically wrong, and harmful.
That's stupid. In academics, for example, there is fundamentally a built-in method for them both to be first. They could score the same. It looks like you're just saying "ex aequo" even though that makes zero sense here.

The characters talk about three main fields: academics, athletics, and popularity. I can maybe admit athletics as being impossible to tie in. Maybe. It could be possible, but depending on exactly what they do, they might require tie-breakers. But popularity could be something they could tie in. Is there someone out there counting how many friends they have? How many people vote in a poll for one or the other? They could tie and both be first in that.

Honestly, she seems annoying. Do I empathize with her for always being in his shadow and having her own parents disparage her? Yes, of course. It's bullshit to call that "Asian" culture, as @Ann2004 wrote, but that's a separate point. I do empathize with her for that.

But she sounds like kind of a jerk. She has previously purposely and maliciously tried to prevent him from studying. She rang a bell for a day before exams. She specifically gave him lies and wrong information to study. She hid his books. She literally makes a fake confession in an effort to make him worse. That's being a jerk.

A Freudian excuse is not an excuse to be a jerk.

Users who are viewing this thread