Confinement King - Ch. 17

Dex-chan lover
I really shouldn’t have read NTRevenge during the break because now I have the plots and characters all mixed up
Truth be told, when I started reading NTRevenge, I was thinking: "wait, didn't I read something with a similar premise not long ago?" Couldn't help but wonder if that manga copied this one, but with slightly darker undertones.

Dex-chan lover
seeing as i can actually read Japanese well, i'd rather pay the actual author. i just get annoyed at MTL trash thinking they're doing some sort of service, when all they do is basically spoilers with unreadable garbage
i didnt mean to actually pay them for them doing a TL... imo locking it behind paying and not having a license (the author is getting profits as well) is the scummiest of the scum shit to do. sure support those that you want to if they TL well. but as you said i would rather support the author directly. even if i cant read japanese.

furthermore, they're also running malicious ads, including fake McAfee ads claiming "your license has expired"

Hi, I'm the guy that did the translation. I just got tired of waiting for the chapter, so I did MTL for myself. Then after I finished I decided to share. I'll probably never do it again because it's so much effort, and after I finished I found other translations. I don't know Japanese, but the experience has improved my ability to read Kana, especially Hiragana, and I might have even picked up a few Kanji.

The font choice was an attempt to mimic the style of the fonts in the raws using the fonts that were available on my computer or free fonts on Google Fonts.

Yes, I put in minimal effort. It still took countless hours. I mainly typed the text using a virtual keyboard that converted Romaji to Kana, searched for Kanji on Jisho, a little bit of OCR for difficult Kanji, ChatGPT and Google Translate for the translations, GIMP for editing the images. I was already feeling burn out by the time I reached the last 6 pages, but just powered through in order to finish it.

The comments here aren't as negative as I expected, especially since there were some speech bubbles where I just couldn't figure out a way to correct the MTL.

I look forward to being a passive reader in the future. Translating, even with the help of MTL, is just too much effort.

Users who are viewing this thread