Coppers - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - A Cop's Grave

Dex-chan lover
Oh, this is really good. A procedural like this won't ever get made for American TV, though. It's a bit too honest.

Dex-chan lover
@sssr

I don't see that this series is in some way more honest than Hill Street Blues, and we've had American television series in which the focus was especially on cops signally lacking in virtue.

I do agree that this series, so far, has been remarkably good.

Dex-chan lover
@sssr

I don't see that this series is in some way more honest than Hill Street Blues, and we've had American television series in which the focus was especially on cops signally lacking in virtue.

I do agree that this series, so far, has been remarkably good.
Nonono I wasn't talking about any moral failings. What I mean is that they're taking material from cops' daily lives that you would usually see in comedy series like The Thin Blue Line or Reno 911 and treating it as a regular, non-comedic SoL. This is something no TV procedural can do.

Dex-chan lover
Nonono I wasn't talking about any moral failings. What I mean is that they're taking material from cops' daily lives that you would usually see in comedy series like The Thin Blue Line or Reno 911 and treating it as a regular, non-comedic SoL. This is something no TV procedural can do.
Okay, but Hill Street Blues included that.

Users who are viewing this thread