Countach - Vol. 8 Ch. 68 - Corvette VS Viper (2)

Group Leader
Hey all, hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Some additional context just for you, comment readers: Here are the two Corvettes that Umezawa mentioned in the afterword. You can read Hareluya here on MangaDex.

2AYysHi.png
0N64O3b.png

Sw2JrMF.jpeg

Power Uploader
Cool that girl did tuning on her corvette, and she's knowladgable about driving techs and cars beyong a bookworming, makes it nice that other drives beyond MC also credible streetracers.

Group Leader
That has gotta be the dumbest deus ex machina ever apart from that stupid Initial d battle where that guy lost because he got carsick. or when takumi wheeled his broken ass backwards.

'hurr, I got distracted by the odometer'
I think Umezawa just wanted a reason for the Corvette to be ahead for the Viper to be able to do the shortcut, I guess. For me it just seems like a plot point in the progression of the race, not a deciding factor, so I can look at it in a funny light. If however like in Initial D, the opponent straight up LOST right after that, then that's different.

Power Uploader
That has gotta be the dumbest deus ex machina ever apart from that stupid Initial d battle where that guy lost because he got carsick. or when takumi wheeled his broken ass backwards.

But race is not yet over? So he didn't lose.

Dex-chan lover

Wrong, in third position comes "Takumi getting saved by a squirrel against the EK9". And don't even try going for fourth place, there's already "Takumi getting saved by a pile of fallen leaves against the SW20".

Dex-chan lover

As crazy as Juri is, that dude is just a fool. What kind of car lover goes and kicks someone's car like that? He's just a barbarian and his driving skills are those of a barbarian. The only thing he has going for him is the highest amount of HP. He's compensating for his lack of real racing skills with his vehicle's raw performance. Makes sense he would stare at the gauges more than others, to make up for his lacking innate sense. He's not even clinically crazy like the Porsche schizo, who damaged Saotome's car because of that insanity. Viper dude is just a witless wannabe tough guy.

Users who are viewing this thread