@CRC_Luna's Conspiracy Research Club - Vol. 2 Ch. 42 - Distraction

Dex-chan lover
I'm not a fan of the underlying story, but I don't think that what I see as its deficiencies are the primary source of the dramatic drop in readership. Rather, the problem is in the method of delivery. It's an experiment that failed. It isn't like reading tweets in realtime; it's like reading a pasting-together of screenshots by someone who couldn't be bothered to do any clean-up. Few readers are going to want to see the same comment, greyed or not, eleventy zillion times, for many comments in each episode.

(It doesn't at all help that Chromium-based browsers and Firefox keep repositioning long-strip images as more are loaded. The MangaDex UI should be reworked for long-strips.)

Hey Oeconomist, can you stop hating on this series? Your being a major meanie. So what if there are some issues with the story or the format, that can be overlooked if you enjoy it. If you want it live tweeted, GO ON TWITTER. Just don't completely ridicule it.

Dex-chan lover
@BlasterBots101

If you want to respond to someone, then you ought to prefix his or her username with an ‘@’, so that he or she receives a notification. Also, don't create special-purpose accounts for comments such as that.

The comment sections aren't reserved for cheerleaders. Worse, you're objecting to a point that could help the creators to stop driving away their audience, as they have been doing. Four thousand people read the first chapter; only a bit more than four hundred have read the fourtieth chapter. The numbers show that the creators are failing here. Presumably they don't want to keep failing.

I didn't say that I wanted it live; I said that the presentation here fails in its apparent purpose to seem as much as possible like a live reading, with the actual result just being that the audience is unpleasantly confronted by the same text many times. The actual story could stay unchanged, and still there'd be a lot more readers if the audience didn't have to slog through all the repeated text.

(Twitter is run by woke racists and sexists, and I want little to do with it.)

@Oeconomist sorry sorry. I wasn't thinking! And this isn't a special purpose account! I just like OP Uiharu! I REALLY DIDN'T MEAN TO COME OF AS RUDE! I guess we are entitled to our opinions. My apologies.

Users who are viewing this thread