Cultivator Against Hero Society - Ch. 32 - I'm not talking to you!

Dex-chan lover
Welcome to china where ancient does not mean old shit that needs serious restoration work to even be usable but simply that something is a better version of itself.

Group Leader
@Valve Yup, whenever you see ancient in a Chinese manhua, it most likely means "primordial"

@Valve The Ancient Ones or the Great Race of Yith that H.P. Lovecraft wrote about, or even the Forerunners from the Halo series. Humans are mere blips in the vast time the universe existed, and are appropriately as primitive. Super old shit being awesome is a tale as old as the sword in the stone, the seven league boots, Greek fire, Damascus steel, etc.

Dex-chan lover
eh? red rainbow wacchu on about? u said u won't fight him but u won't admit defeat either.. I'm confused

Group Leader
@OmegaDragon he only said he didn't want to, not that he wasn't going to. It was most likely pride that drove him to fight at all.

Dex-chan lover
"Ancient" in Chinese stuff is usually a bad translation that originally means something more along the lines of "Primordial" or "Original". In the case of cultivators or superheroes, the original first dudes usually are the most super-powerful ones because they had to forge their own paths without any prior experience or guidance, so if they have normal strength then they already must have had ridiculous talent compared to the normal "modern" heroes/cultivators.

It's also because for whatever reason, the powerful beings have a tendency to become pacifist (prefer peace over thousands of years of fighting), and end up hiding in the background.

The other reason why old dudes are usually super-powerful are just time to accumulate their strength.

Dex-chan lover
The idea of power rangers capable of facetanking nukes amuses me a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread